Maxton

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone going to Maxton NC next month? If I'm reading the rules right, my bike won't pass tech inspection because I cut the factory levers a couple inches shorter until I can afford some ASVs. Rules say levers have to have ball end, just doesn't make sense to me. If I crash at 180mph, a lever goin into my helmet or anywhere else is low on my list of concerns.
Anyone know any details on this?

It does sound kinda odd that they would want ball end levers and not allow cut levers. Good luck with getting to Maxton next month. What mph are you shooting for? :beerchug:

It's a rule because a 180 mph crash in leathers is perfectly survivable as long as you don't hit anything not moving and can slide. If the bike tumbles and the sharp lever sticks you through your gear and into a major blood vessel (unlikely I know, but still conceivable) you have a far smaller chance of walking away.
Look on fleabay you can find some levers for like $15.....

It's a rule because a 180 mph crash in leathers is perfectly survivable as long as you don't hit anything not moving and can slide. If the bike tumbles and the sharp lever sticks you through your gear and into a major blood vessel (unlikely I know, but still conceivable) you have a far smaller chance of walking away.
Look on fleabay you can find some levers for like $15.....

Will do, thankyou sir

It does sound kinda odd that they would want ball end levers and not allow cut levers. Good luck with getting to Maxton next month. What mph are you shooting for? :beerchug:

It's still restricted, so 180 to 186mph. I'm 170lbs, so with perfect conditions, 186 is possible, even though some folks will argue that.
I had planned on going later in the year(hopefully by then I'll have it tuned and a few small mods to shoot for 200mph)but a friend called tonight and he wants me to go with him and one of his friend who apparently has a turbo nitros ZX14 with 325hp to the wheel. Don't know what he's shootin for, but with that kinda hp I'de guess 220s, maybe even 230mph?

Hey Top,

I would like to go, but seeing that track gives me the heebee jeebees. That thing has more grass and creavaces in it than grandma's driveway :rofl:

I weigh in at about 250, with slip-ons and unrestricted, I wonder what I would pull? My tuck is good, been riding for 30 years. Who knows, maybe I will go. I need a copy of their rule book. Might have to send in for one or find out the rules to get the bike to spec.

Hey Top,

I would like to go, but seeing that track gives me the heebee jeebees. That thing has more grass and creavaces in it than grandma's driveway :rofl:

I weigh in at about 250, with slip-ons and unrestricted, I wonder what I would pull? My tuck is good, been riding for 30 years. Who knows, maybe I will go. I need a copy of their rule book. Might have to send in for one or find out the rules to get the bike to spec.

ecta-lsr.com, rules are posted. Pretty simple, safety wire axle nuts and oil drain plug(pinch bolts are crossed out on the revised rules, don't know if you have to have em done now or not) aluminum or steel chain guard, tires speed rated for what you're shootin for, lights taped over, visible number within size limit, full leathers, I think that's it, oh...and ball end levers!:laugh:

i have pazzo shortys levers-not a problem-maxton was great except waiting in line-that was not fun---remember 170 0n speedo is about 155 for real--

What Brown mentioned is a good idea. Pick up some fleabay levers. If that doesn't work out you can PM outlawbusa or tofas2c they both have Gen2 busa's with aftermarket levers. My guess would be that either one could bring along their old OE levers for you to borrow.

Make sure you say hi :welcome:

Back