Married guys.. Question for ya..

High school sweethearts here too. Dated 7 years (I grew up surrounded by divorce and was afraid of marriage) married going on 8 years. We met in Jr High and she HATED me cause I picked on her and now she LOVES me cause I pick on her.

I wish we would've married sooner, but it 2003 when I met Christ and actually started to learn what it takes to stay married. We have an 18 month old son and to be honest he's the source of most the friction between us but we couldn't love him anymore either.

To sum it up, yup we're in love.

Are you aware that there is no difference in the divorce rate between the God Loving Christains and us Heathens? True, the divorce rate is the same with both.

I think it's great to see people in love with their spouse. It's a requirement for living a long healthy life with the same person. However, the reality of life is because you are in love with your spouse now does not mean you will still be in that same emotional state this time next year. Nor does it mean your spouse will feel the emotional bond with you a year or two down the road either. Making life changing decisions based on emotions rarely turn out well, in my view!

Facing reality is a real beetch at times and the facts seem to be that 50% of you who are deeply in love today will not remain with your current mate for life. How many of you are on your second, third, forth marriage. If so, there is a pattern of bad choices. Remember my old signature line "Choice, not chance determines your destiny"?

I remember what my daddy told me when I was young, deeply in love/lust with the woman of my dreams "Son, you don't know a woman until you divorce her"! He was absolutely correct!

Flip a coin, heads you win, tails you loose! Reality my friends, Reality! :beerchug:

I remember what my daddy told me when I was young, deeply in love/lust with the woman of my dreams "Son, you don't know a woman until you divorce her"! He was absolutely correct!

Flip a coin, heads you win, tails you loose! Reality my friends, Reality! :beerchug:

Sounds like you were pre-determined to be a failure in love. Guessing I was raised different..

Sounds like you were pre-determined to be a failure in love. Guessing I was raised different..

Nope, I just don't live in a world of fantasy. Apparently you were late in learning there was no Santa Clause. I have learned not to let emotions affect life changing decisions. I believe that's been a real advantage in my success in life.

Don't get me wrong, I wish you a happy successful life of love and marriage. Odds are great that this is not your first marriage? If it is, SWEET. Half of the people who visit the alter spend a life time together. I truly hope you are in that group. However, you won't know which group you are in until the bitter end!

Nope, I just don't live in a world of fantasy. Apparently you were late in learning there was no Santa Clause. I have learned not to let emotions affect life changing decisions. I believe that's been a real advantage in my success in life.

Don't get me wrong, I wish you a happy successful life of love and marriage. Odds are great that this is not your first marriage? If it is, SWEET. Half of the people who visit the alter spend a life time together. I truly hope you are in that group. However, you won't know which group you are in until the bitter end!

I'm 37 been with my wife for 20 years. What you believe as "success in life" others would consider emptiness.

And leave Santa out of this.. :poke: :laugh:

The big difference between you and me Bots, is you NEED a woman to make you happy. I once felt the same way but I got over that years ago.

Let me tell you a quick little story. years ago I was working on a job out of town. Days end I was sitting at the bar in a restaurant having dinner when an elderly man in his seventies sat down beside me. Conversation ensued and I quickly learned the old farmer was distraught. His wife of 50+ years had decided she no longer wanted to live with him on the farm and without notice packed up and moved out. He was totally blind sided after half a century of marriage.

My point is, you don't know what life has in store for you and neither does you spouse. Only time will tell. You cannot argue with statistics, they are what they are!

and I really don't think it's possible for me to love my wife any more than I do.. We were high school sweethearts, and will have been married for 15 years this October.

Just wondering what the normal is.. I know you most likely love your wife/husband, but how many are actually "in love" with them? Be honest here.

Buddy, be thankful my Friend, make every day count and hope this lasts till you're both 125

As per "what normal is" .....if you make it last, that is the best normal there is :)
:bowdown::bowdown:

The big difference between you and me Bots, is you NEED a woman to make you happy. I once felt the same way but I got over that years ago.

I don't NEED a woman to make me happy, I just choose one over my hand is all..

Big difference between Needing a woman to make you happy, and Wanting the woman who makes you happy!

And Yeah, leave Santa outta this, he gives me coal to burn on those chilly nights in the doghouse!

Are you aware that there is no difference in the divorce rate between the God Loving Christains and us Heathens? True, the divorce rate is the same with both.4

Unfortunately too many Christians try to live according to too many self serving ways of this world. As near as I can see it marriage has lost its true and intended identity. In successful marriages the husband and wife put each other ahead of themselves. It is not normal in our world to think of anyone but ourselves. Too many marriages end because of self serving, selfish behavior.

I dare say that 100% of all divorces happen because one or both parties are/were acting selfishly, worrying only for what they wanted.

I don't NEED a woman to make me happy, I just choose one over my hand is all..

The difference in us is I don't buy the cow for a glass of milk! :dunno:

Weren't you happier when you painted little lips on your hand and yelled "Wake up Big Lou its Party Time"? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? :laugh:

556496_472365772821607_750460863_n.jpg

How many of you are truly in love with your wife?

I was just wondering this today. I saw Taylor post about his wife and "quality" of living. :laugh:

My wife and I have been together since 1993. Just had our first baby boy 3 months ago, and I really don't think it's possible for me to love my wife any more than I do.. We were high school sweethearts, and will have been married for 15 years this October.

Just wondering what the normal is.. I know you most likely love your wife/husband, but how many are actually "in love" with them? Be honest here.

I am absolutely 100% in love with my wife. This May we will be married 26 years. I would do it all over again. We have had our trials, tests, ups, and downs, but we are still happily married. I guess we are doing something right.

P. :thumbsup:

Back