Married?  Who Is?

these stories are so great .........i just want to cry boo hoo....... i tell yall i wat this thread is great cause if you read them everybody got right in it you can actually see the emotion in the words...... now dude do you see what we are talking about?!?!?
beerchug.gif
have a great day

My wife and I went to school together. We started dating at 15 years old. Got married at 23. Job changes delayed it.

Still happily married. September will be 24 years of marriage. I can't believe she still puts up with me.
tounge.gif

Here is a little marriage secret - Don't be selfish. Put her needs before your own. If she does the same, it will be great.

not quite 13 months and by the way that was 18 years ago. When you meet the right one you will not have a doubt! Good Luck!

The truth is, there is no "right" way that works for everyone universally.

Generally speaking, though, make sure you have discussed how your life will be together. If you haven't talked about all the details you can think of, you may have a rough time of it, whether or not your marriage survives.

My opinion of marriage keeps changing as I get older. Been married 18 years and am happier than I've ever been. We get along great with each other. At the beginning, though, there were some tough times but we hung together and it's working like a well-oiled machine now. I'm no longer a conceited bastard and she's not a ***** any more!
biggrin.gif

I highly recommend pre-marital counseling. We did that after a fashion and it helped us immensely. Have some agreements up front before you take the plunge. Agree on how you're going to deal with conflicts and disagreements. Etc. etc. If you do, you have a way to get through them when or if they arise.

While I did say that there is no "right" way to make a decision, there are some generalities that I always suggest. Both of you should have dated others before you marry. Both of you should be well-established in your career first. You should both be ready to have kids. You should live with each other kidless for at least a couple years if not four or five years. I think that's about it.

If you need a rationale for any of the above, I'm more than happy to discuss it. I love to hear of successful happy relationships and hate hearing about breakups which can be avoided early on.

Best of luck to you, whatever you decide to do. Whatever you do, stick to your guns once you've decided how you want to proceed. Last but not least, she rules the womb. If she decides to have a kid, you're out of the loop so if she starts pressuring you, be careful where you plant the seed!!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

i started dating mine in 1982, married in 1987.
i have been with her around 25 years now.

first date went to the movie rambo.......

i knew she was the one for me.

We knew each other about a year before we stared dating. We dated for 18 months before getting married. We will celebrate 17 years in August.

i'm not very good with relationships. i'm a christian man now,don't drink or do drugs,one woman man BUT- i've been married 4 times. my current
wife is 45-i'm 60. very pretty. we've been married 4 years now. she has 3
boys that i'm trying to raise "right". we have problems with the boys. last
night she told me she wasn't happy. i've heard that b4.
SHOCKED.gif
i have to stay close to God right now because i know what's coming. at least it's
not my first hayride but it always hurts emotionally.

Marriage?
I Was married 27 years. Best thing we made together was a perfect boy (He is why we stuck it out together so long).
Never again, cost me big time (cash and some farm land) getting out., but, do what ya gotta do Man. No one on this or any board can live your life for ya. I can tell ya one thing, when it gets bad do something immediately, counseling, change, whatever, just don't let it fester. The bad stuff won't die and go away!
argue.gif

met my first wife when we were both still in diapers...started dating when we were 15 and were on and off for the next 4 years (that should have told me something) got married and divorced 1 yr. and 8 months later
met my second wife when i was 26...we dated for 11 months and got married...that one lasted 4 years
i haven't sworn off ever getting married again but it is going to take a lot to convince me that it is the right thing to do before i jump off that cliff again

lesson learned: take your time to really get to know the other person before saying,"I do." and make sure both of you understand what you are getting into and you are on the same page...good luck
beerchug.gif

Knew my wife for about 4 or 5 months before I knew she was the one. We dated for about a year and half before we got married. Still together, just had our 13 year anniversary last month. Have 3 kids too! Like some of the others have said above, its hard work being married...on both ends. Communication is key and you cant let problems just sit. You will know when the right person comes along.
beerchug.gif

We dated 2 weeks, then moved in together. Married almost exactly 6 months later. Received custody of his 10 year old son (whom Joker hadn't seen since he was 2 years old.. ) and have lived 13 happy years together.

One day Joker had the flu really bad. I went and got him some aspirin and nyquil. By the time I got back he was almost delusional, pi$$ed off and angry. Well in my attempts to get him to take the medicine... we ended up in the closet,, with Nyquil on the ceiling, in the clothes, on the floor, all over us, aspirin scattered all over. The next morning, he was feeling better, got up, and found me asleep on the couch. He says right then he knew I was the one. If I could put up with him in his worst moments... and still be there in the morning... then I was a keeper.
laugh.gif

There's hard times, and good times, and laughter and pain. But if you make the commitment to be together and you love each other...you can get through anything.

Well, unless he cheats on me... that's a deal breaker.
guns.gif

You will know when you have your life partner. You won't want to live without her.

My first marriage was at 16. She was 14. We dated for a week before that. Prior to that her uncle was her b/f. That lasted 8 months til she got too old.

My second marriage was to a Hari Krishna. I think we either still may be married or we never were since the Hari Krishnas are only recognized in like 3 states. Anyway that was like 2 years until she stopped shaving her armpits. It became more than I could stomach.

My 3rd marriage was to a double amputee. It was all about sex...OK we won't go there...I learned my lesson. Anyway I couldn't deal with her problems of everyone calling her "stumpy" and she having all that attitude about it.

My 4th wife died of syphillis. I kind of never saw that one coming. It took me awhile to heal from that one. But it worked out OK because I ended up marrying her mom after we grew close from that loss.

I'm still married to her. 5 years now. If all goes well, she should make parole in 2011 and we can finally do it without a security camera watching everything.

But you know what...my heart may be drifting a little. I'm finding Lindsey Lohan suddenly hot in a bad girl kinda way. Anyone klnow if they have a penpal program in Cali?
rock.gif

We dated for 3 years, got engaged for almost 2 years and married for 15 years. She was my dream come true. I knew she was the one for me. She made me light up inside every time I saw her. You'll just know.

Its normal to be nervous though, thats for sure. Its for life that decision. Don't think of it as temporary as so many do these days.

beerchug.gif

Together 2 years.
Married 8 years.
Divorced 5 years and counting.

I won't waste any more of my life trying to figure out mood swings and self esteem issues or the code language that goes with it.

I would marry again though. Anyone know a rich woman that does care where I go or what I do as long as she gets her's?
all_coholic.gif

I've known my fiancee for 6 years, we dated for 14 months. We got engaged in May and we're getting married in April.

Dated for 3 years ..Engaged for 2 years.. Married for 6 months..Sometimes the person you thought you knew the best wasn't who you really thought they were..Teamwork is the key..The excitment wears off..It's what happens then that determine if you can spend the rest of your life with them

well this is an ironic thread. i just got: "I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE
AND I WANT A DIVORCE".
SHOCKED.gif
as stated in my earlier post; i was
exspecting it. now i have to go through the process of acceptance.
1-denial 2-anger 3-bargaining 4-depression 5- acceptance
Painful Process
all_coholic.gif

Back