Married?  Who Is?

busaJUNKEE

Registered
how long from the day that ya met your wife or husband was to the day yall got married? And how did you know if he or she was the one? Just curious because my girl wants to get married already but i dont know if im ready.
smile.gif

dated right at 10 years...been married 11 years now...so we been together around 21 years.
beerchug.gif
super.gif

I just turned 27 when I got married.

But it is not about age. Make sure you want to and feel it is right.

Marriage is hard work, but the pay is great.

Hmmmmmmmmm................Ging on 15 years without a ring "YET"
beerchug.gif

We were 20 and 18. Went to Vegas
all_coholic.gif
and been married almost 3 years now!
beerchug.gif
But... we were best friends since we were 10 and 8.
lurk.gif

when you know you know...if you have doubts, then don't do it. Fear is normal, but don't let it sway your decision, nothing ventured nothing gained. I was married to the devil for 3 years, got rid of that wench and found my real wife, got divorced finalized and married again the same day. I knew my current wife for only 4 months before we got married...best thing I've ever done, besides be a father too. good luck.

Dated for 2 years to the day. We got married on tv (WHSV TV-3,Harrisonburg,Va) at 6:30am.During the morning news show. My wife and I won a contest the tv station was having.It was awesome.Everything paid for!! That's been over 4 years ago and no regrets.

we were together for 2 years and then she got pregnant and then we got married i kinda did what my parents did
SHOCKED.gif
you know since we are good christians..... hey what can i say at lease we were married before birth haha.... besides that point we have been married for 2 years so been together for 4........ alot of ups and downs, fights and arguements, i hear that is normal for the first 10years haha......

you gotta have your mind set man on what you want... some things like that you cant let her decide for you...

God Bless

My wife and I dated for almost 4 years. This January will be 11 years of marriage.

If she will keep me another 5 months or so that is.

This is my second marriage, and this Sept will be 13 years  
super.gif
 .  If my memory serves me correctly, we lived together a little over a year, and dated 3 or 4 months before moving in together.  After the 1st marriage and a very messy divorce  
guns.gif
, I was certain I'd never get married again.  Like someone posted earlier, I knew from the moment we met that my wife was an  incredible woman - and that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.  But after one failed marriage I wanted to be sure, but that only took a year and a half.  Don't rush into anything - if you're in love it'll happen and you'll know you're ready  
beerchug.gif

Met my wife at 20, knew she was the one. I asked her if she would spend the rest of her life with me on our second date. she asked me what took so long to come to that decision. We got married six months later, we have two wonderfull kids, we have been married for 11 years, and I love her more every day. she is my everything.
bowdown.gif

Interesting thread. Dated 9 mo. Asked her to marry me at the motorcycle show (what else!?) Engaged 9 mo. Married at 28. Figured 10 yrs of partying & traveling all over was pretty good. Pregnant 3 mo later after I do's. Now 7+ yrs, two kids. Maybe we'll do a 3rd.

To answer your original question (did anyone do that?), the main thing was this was person I could spend day in day out with. A partnership really. Common ideals, common belief systems, common goals in life. 26 is right in there, but as people mentioned, has to feel right. My wife was ready to run off to Vegas at 6 mo of dating. Me, much much slower to come around. Hard to settle down after 10 yrs of being on own (no long term relat. & never lived with anyone either), 1st yr was huge adjustment, ntm she was prego whole 1st yr of marriage. Now, we finish each others sentences.

Img_1072_sunset.jpg

Talk to your lady about it. If she discusses with you then she will understand and you will both arrive at a mutual agreement. If she goes off on one and demands something you can't or are unwilling to give then she ain't right for you and/or you ain't ready. Don't give in for sake of peace, this is a LIFE TIME decision and only you will know when is right.
I knew my wife when we were 8 years old and we didn't like each other. Met in a bar and Dated at 19 years old till 24. Married 16 years with 2 wonderful sons
beerchug.gif

Back