Married guys.. Question for ya..

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
How many of you are truly in love with your wife?

I was just wondering this today. I saw Taylor post about his wife and "quality" of living. :laugh:

My wife and I have been together since 1993. Just had our first baby boy 3 months ago, and I really don't think it's possible for me to love my wife any more than I do.. We were high school sweethearts, and will have been married for 15 years this October.

Just wondering what the normal is.. I know you most likely love your wife/husband, but how many are actually "in love" with them? Be honest here.

I am!!! Same situation as you, Bots, just way earlier in the marriage...

My wife and I met right before I turned 16 and got my license. I was a high school junior and she was a senior (that's right :laugh:)... I was a baseball jock and she was the brainiac... We dated for 3.5 years before getting married... She sped through college in 2.5 years (including summer) so she could already have a job for when we got married...

We got married after my sophmore year in college. She was the only one working for the first 2 years as I finished up college and my collegiate athletic career...

I still can't believe what she did just so we could get married ASAP... and I love her more every day and we are going on 4 years of marriage in May :thumbsup:

Plus she let's me have a motorcycle and do track days :laugh:

Timely question actually for me. Not gonna lie, we've been going through some rough spots, not really sure that I'm still in love but she is the mother of my child and I guess I do still love her. We are somewhat new to the being married thing, just 4yrs now so who knows. Maybe it will work, maybe not. Right now its cheaper to keep her than make changes so we are trying to sort things out and make it better. Time will tell but she knows come hell, high water or divorce in about 2.5yrs from now I will officially be a resident of some southern state and no longer be "coming home" to NY. I hate it here and while not counting the days til I can call some place else home I am fully aware of the timeline :hmmm:.

How's that for honest :whistle:

Im with ya bots, the wife and I were high school sweethearts married right outta school, been married 10 years now and could not be happier, shes awesome and im truely in love.we also just had a daughter 18 months ago and that even drew us closer.

Plus im a jackass so if she can put up with me, shes a saint

My wife and I get along well. We have fun together. I do love her, but is there room for growth? Yes. We've been together 15 years now. We've been getting closer over the last few months though, so I'm happy right now. We've had our rough spots in the past, though. Marriage isn't always easy and there will be times where sometimes ya feel like throwing in the towel. We have 2 kids together and each have another kid prior to marriage. We love our kids and will do anything to make it work. As I said though, we're doing pretty good right now, just some rough patches. I would never want to put my kids through the life of divorced parents.

Lynne and me are not married but been together for 15 years next month, I love her very much and tell her every day.

I've been with my wife for 12 years married for 7, it started great but like all relationships it had its hiccups but now I wouldn't trade gret for the world,I figured out that a relationship is about communication and without it you will be doomed!

Sent from my HTC DNA using Forum Runner

34 years together, Married for 29 in February, 2 grown up boy's (young men now) we are now at a time in our life where we can do what ever we feel like doing with no pressure we have had our tough times but all relationships go through this, our first priority was to give our boys the best possible education and grounding in life and we seem to have succeeded in that, so you ask are we still in love YES we are and we tell each other this every day.

You go through your ups and downs, especially living in Miami, but at the end of the day you know there is only one number one. Love turns t like then love again etc etc, end of the day it would suck dying alone, if you made it this far you should make it the rest of the way. Just be happy you are a guy and will likely die before her, women handle death of a spouse better than guys do. Married 28 years now, 4 grown kids, would have it no other way.

I traded two goats and a one hump camel for my wife less than ten years ago.
Shes depreciated so much that I can't even get a donkey for her now!

But I still love her :)

We are in love after 27 years but truthfully we are 180 degrees in oppsite directions. She would never get close to a Busa and hates football. She also doesn't eat red meat. That's pretty much what my life is centered around ......:laugh:

I ave been married to my wife since 1967.

That will be 45 years this year.

Still feel the same way.

I don't think I could find any one that could put up with me the way she does.
Gurrera

I like the fact my wife sleeps soundly enough that the sound of me sneaking new guns into the safe doesn't wake her :laugh:

Thanks for bringing this topic up bots :moon:

forever-alone-face.png

forever-alone-face.png

Bots I've been married to my lady for 23 years. High school sweetie. I cant imagine my life without her. We have had one big fight in our life. We love to do what each loves to do. We live a life of fun and happiness. We don't fight about money which is where most couples go wrong. We don't go to bars we don't smoke we just live and have fun. That's what its all about.

Love mine, great wife, friend, and mom to our 2 yr old daughter.
Known each other almost 14 yrs, together 10, and married 5 1/2.
Met and dated all the wrong ones before I realized she was right there all along.
Life is good.
I thank GOD for them every day.:thumbsup:

We've been married for 23 years and together for 25. We were married at a young age, I was 20 and she was 18 just 6 months out of highschool. She is truly my best friend because we literally grew up together. Has our relationship changed? Absolutely it has! Our marriage has had ups and downs but make no mistake the downs were never ever bad. I have never fallen out of Love with my wife, do I have regrets? Absolutely, I should have treated her like a queen years ago but I didn't..... As we get older and our kids get older we are going through a different time in our live, more mature, better understanding of words like friends, family, grace, forgiveness. It's an absolute blast getting older with her... Anyone that knows her should know she saved me from a destructive life.....

Cap.

Back