MAILED YELLOW BULBS ~PLEASE READ~

ICEMANN

Registered
Ok everyone. All of the ordered yellow bulbs for the busa highbeam have been shipped out via the US Postal Service. ALL of them have been insured.

(I had forgotton how much fun it was to bubble wrap, package, peanut fill, label, tape, and prep individual light bulbs for mass shipment could be). :shock:

Important notes:

<span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>PLEAZE! DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS BULB WITH BARE HANDS!.
PRIOR TO INSTALLATION, THOROUGHLY WIPE THE GLASS WITH A CLEAN, SOFT, LOTION-FREE TISSUE, OR CLOTH. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY DRASTICALLY SHORTEN BULB LIFE!.[/QUOTE]
</span></span>
Thats from the manufacture.

Ive included in with EACH bulb an alcohol wipe to clean the bulb with. PLEAZE let the bulb dry COMPLETELY before lighting it up. The liquid will blow the bulb.

ANYWAY, nuff said, just thought Id pass along all the stuff we should know but tend to forget in excitement of a new box opening ceremony.

Please let me know or post a pic as well as what you think good or bad.
Thanks
JD.

Thank you ICE... cant wait to get them bulbs on Elenor! I am seriously finding the OE lights a bit of a handicap at night!
smile.gif

Can the bulb be touched by hand once it has been cleaned by alcohol
rock.gif

Thank you ICE... cant wait to get them bulbs on Elenor! I am seriously finding the OE lights a bit of a handicap at night!
smile.gif

Can the bulb be touched by hand once it has been cleaned by alcohol
rock.gif

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>UMMM NO!</span>

The oil from your hands will cause the light to "bounce" inside the capsule.  This will cause a hot spot on the glass because the light/heat cant get thru that spot and over heat killing the bulb and leaving a burn mark on the glass.  

Oh and "not covered" on the warrantee....

Heres what you do.  Remove stock bulb.  using tissue or t-shirt type material put new bulb into bulb holder.  Wipe off w/alcohol.  Put new bulb into hole.  Wait 10 min or so to allow the alcohol to evaporate.  Check bulb to ensure it lights.  Put everything back together.  Cant go wrong in 99% of most cases and you really dont need to touch it.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110220992 -->

You should see me when I put in the HID kit I looked like a doctor with the rubber gloves on! I recommend getting some rubber gloves that way you don't have to worry about oil from your body on your t-shirt or someone wiping their greasy hands on the towel that you are going to use!

P.S. AZIROC,the yellow bulbs were $36 shipped to your house & most people used paypal (just quicker and easier)! Also have you gotten the HID kit?

<!--EDIT|#cruncherbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110221388 -->

Man the postal service hated me. I goto the post office at about 9:30am thinking it should be pretty slow. Ive got a large box of boxes to ship out. I get in there and theres maybe 10 people in front of me. (small town so I was shocked).

My homie Kevin see's me come in with the boxes and announces. Hey I didnt think you were going to make it "BACK" from the car, you can bring those back up here to the window. (whew no line waiting).

Visual. I have two large boxes with two mid boxes ontop of them so it looks like four boxes. I move the top two aside as they are internation which requires yey much paperwork. I open the top of the two larger boxes which contain about 24 little boxes all prelabled. Oh you should of heard the lady behind me.

As we proceed to process boxes and shipping international etc the line grows exponentially. Kevin says passport fees go up tomarrow. Im with Kevin about 45 min's with the boxes and upper staff come out and put up turn styles (roped poles like at disney world lines). The only other teller is a manager. The turn styles are then added in the lobby, the PO BOX area and finally out side.

I start laughin on the inside with the obvious body shakes. I start hearin, "well dayum" "how many loved ones you gota ship to taday". Alot of groaning and deep sighs. My eyes are starting to water now. Were about on the 30th box when someone's knees gave out in line from standing at too tight of the postion of attention. Sounds like cattle hitting the deck when he falls. Everyone moves in to help and the bickering begins about you cut in front of me in line.

Mans aight. Lines just getting longer. The deepd sighs get worse and Im laughin more and more.

As I grab the last box in the top box it falls over and everyone can see it's empty. I get a "it's about dayum time Jesus".

I hand Kevin the empty box and pick up the bottom of the two boxes. Which by now appears to be the last box.

I open it and set it on the floor and proceed to remove box #25 of 40. I swear I thought I was gonna get shanked. I hear "THIS IS BULL SHYTT" and nearly fall to my knees laughin.

Hell Im laughin now thinkin bout it. Some poor saps cottage cheeze is about to expire while he's waitin to see if his check came in or not.

I look over at the the manager working the other cash register/pickup. She's frantic with sweat beadin up. Some old man with gerryatrics and a walker eases up and hands her a pickup slip for a parcel that was to be re-delivered or picked up. She has to goto the BACK to find it. She's gone forever. I swear I think she smoked a cigarette and ate her lunch.

MOFO's are gettin restless and fidigty. Im bout ta pisss myself.

As I get to the last 3-4 boxes Kevin mentions it's time for his break. SO he slips his "NEXT WINDOW PLEASE" sign up and finishes my shipping. Im blocking the sign so to speak because the counter is low.

Kevin announces louder than needbe to me that he has to get more forms from the back. I tell him I have to get the rest of the boxes from the car and Ill just wait in line again. I hear a " you got dayum right chu will".

I head out the door and I find kevin out back drinkin a Mt dew on break.

SO EVERYONE's BOX GOT MAILED. I guess you had to be there but man was it funnier than hell.

jD

JD - are these for the stock high-beam or do I have to purchase and seperate HID kit for the high's too?
I want one too!

Man you definitely deserve a couple of these
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
for all your tireless efforts.

bowdown.gif

JD,

Got mine today, thanks again.

Now did you do the little search for the highbeam/lowbeam switch thing we talked about yet
rock.gif

Probably won't work on my 03 either..........LOL
laugh.gif

Glad everyone's are arriving undamaged....

I thought you were going to contact Freddie ref your switches? Ref the euro switch-switch over. The highbeam switch gets it's power from the right side handlebar switch assembly where your euro switch plugs into. Have Freddie tell you which wire that is. Basically you will be moving it over one pin off of the headlight wire onto the ignition wire. Then it's on/off no matter what. You can do it while your in there.

JD

Back