Lunch on Sunday the 26th? OKC/OK People?

HRHDi

Dont Call Me "MeeMaw"
Donating Member
Registered
Dan and I want to test out the new cruise control this weekend and thought we take a nice little day trip to OKC on Sunday, 6/26, and may have lunch with some of our friends in the area.

Schedule is pretty open. We're early risers, so we don't mind starting out early from Dallas. I have to go to the office on Monday so I'd like to be back home by 7 or 8 to get everything put up, hug the kid and feed the birdies before it's too late.

Anyone available to join us? Suggestions for a good place to eat?

Okay, I'm getting a complex. :cry:

Everyone in OKC is busy on Sunday? We may change plans and go south to Austin....

Not to dis KC BBQ as it's quite tasty, but after 25 years in Texas, I'm a bit biased toward the BBQ here. However, I will definitely keep that in mind.

KC and back in a day is an iron butt challenge...

Well if nobody in OKC can meet yall. we can always go cruisin round the backroads of the metroplex. We need to set up another DFW MNG. You only need a mile to test the cruise control.:whistle:

You could come up to Tulsa maybe? It's only another couple of hours. I can't make it to OKC because I have to work at 6 pm that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmmm....probably a change of plan here.

We'll be taking the K1200 to see how it's going to handle for longer trips with us 2-up. So, taking a lunch isn't a problem because we have lots of luggage space. Maybe a trip up to Broken Bow/Beaver's Bend.

Definitely would like to plan a day trip to OK to meet up with friends when more people are available.

You could come to Milwaukee! I mean if you are gonna "test" the cruise control, you need to make sure its gonna keep working! :poke:

We keep talking about taking a shot at an Iron Butt. If we do, then it opens up a whole new set of destinations. We've ridden 700 miles in one day on the Busa and the last 100 miles or so were brutal. After that, I'm thinking 1K miles on the K1200 will be easy.

Lurch talks highly of you guys. So close, and no visit? :D

I'll be back in 3-4 weeks and will rent a car and head over. Lurch didn't have any time this week and I didn't tell him I was in town until yesterday.

I'll just sit here, patiently waiting. . :whistle:
Seriously, maybe we can have another mini-MNG. I got the first round! :D

OK the heck with it I will blow off school tonight and GsxrBots and I will head down for dinner and drinks.:beerchug:

Back