lowering your bike

lowering your bike - What do you think about it ?

• Yes, I like, going to lower mine, some day

Votes: 198 100.0%
  • Already lowered it. It LooksssSweet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lowered it didnt like it, remove it.

• Like the look, but not on mine.

• No, Would never lower my bike.

• No thought, I uh...........

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
(BA BUSA @ Dec. 27 2006,22:48) Another one from the grave beerchug.gif
Yeah, I figured I hadnt posted it in a while.

Or do you mean the thread?

I think a newbie.gif is doing a lot of reading.

(heavybusa @ Dec. 27 2006,19:50)
(BA BUSA @ Dec. 27 2006,22:48) Another one from the grave   beerchug.gif
Yeah, I figured I hadnt posted it in a while.

You tired of seeing it?
rock.gif you posted in it today...just kinda funny how some people post up in threads that are months and even YEARS old.

The member that started this thread is LONG LONG gone laugh.gif

At first I thought you were talking about the pic, then I took a moment to realize how old the thread was.

Sorry I'm a little slow today. beerchug.gif

(heavybusa @ Dec. 27 2006,19:58) At first I thought you were talking about the pic, then I took a moment to realize how old the thread was.

Sorry I'm a little slow today.  beerchug.gif
NO

The pic is a repost...and a very nice pic to post tounge.gif

(Cecil_Stringer @ Apr. 15 2005,07:47)
(Cuffee @ April 15 2005,09:10) Why would you lower your bike?
Lower center of gravity...
Less prone to wheelie...
Easier to luanch hard...
Condusive with Drag Racing...

Cons:
It will scrap around curves...
It will bottom out (watch that oil pan)...
+1

But I Love it!!

saefrg.JPG

I'm in the middle. I like the +1 rear and -1 front look. I've done the +1 rear and love the response I get. still undecided about dropp'n the front

dropped it like its hot, and love it- 1 3/4" down in front with new tripleclamp, and 1" down in rear with dogbones.

I will tell you that I had to raise mine up until I can upgrade the rear spring.

I'm tired of beating up my front fender and bottoming out. guns.gif

I've just lowered mine - 1 inch all round, used links at the back and for the front end did a similar thing as Postal, but instead of washers bought a length of 35mm aluminium round bar off ebay for £3 and had the seller cut it into 1 inch lengths for me!
Have found lowering has messed up the suspension set up and am currently trying various settings - so if anyone has found decent settings for it lowered give me a shout with them!!

(Ledj @ Mar. 25 2007,21:flamethrowing:) I've just lowered mine - 1 inch all round, used links at the back and for the front end did a similar thing as Postal, but instead of washers bought a length of 35mm aluminium round bar off ebay for £3 and had the seller cut it into 1 inch lengths for me!
Have found lowering has messed up the suspension set up and am currently trying various settings - so if anyone has found decent settings for it lowered give me a shout with them!!
I recently decided to put my Busa back to its original factory height settings in the front and rear. I will be doing some performance tuning on the suspension. My goal is to optimize its ridability in the twisties, much like HPC does on thier bikes. I am currently doing the research for suspension settings for my body weight and riding style. I got tired of trying to ride the twisties with my Busa lowered. It just doesn't work well. I could ride the twisties hard, just not as hard and low as I want to.

P.

Guys,

I lowered my yesterday with a new triple tree and lowering dog bones in the rear. I will put some pics up as soon as I get them. I love the look and feel but the only problem is the brake master cylinder hits the dash panel. What have you guys done for this?

I have lowered my front about 3/4 on an inch and so far I don't feel any handling changes. Still does everything I need to. I do love the twistys as well and didn't want to comprise the handling. Seems to be working like a champ, rear is still stock height. I have many mods now and I need to get some pictures out here, it is looking sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back