lowering your bike

lowering your bike - What do you think about it ?

• Yes, I like, going to lower mine, some day

Votes: 198 100.0%
  • Already lowered it. It LooksssSweet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lowered it didnt like it, remove it.

• Like the look, but not on mine.

• No, Would never lower my bike.

• No thought, I uh...........

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a couple pics of mine lowered...

From the front (not strapped):
BikePics.com

From the front (strapped):
BikePics.com

From the side:
BikePics.com

From the side (good view of ground clearance):
BikePics.com

i would love to lower mine but where do u start?
Your checkbook...

biggrin.gif

But seriously, if you want to do what I did to my 02LE, you will need a Genmar riser (3/4" thick recommended), lowering links, and an all-billet Schnitz Racing adjustable kick stand. Genmar is about $130.00, lowering links are about $50.00, Schnitz adjustable kickstand is about $180.00.

For a budget lowering job you can do what I did to my 05 (see pics, this thread) for the front (about $10.00), lowering links (still about $40.00 to $50.00), and you can mod the OEM kickstand using a Dremmel to get more lean on the bike. This is a cheaper option but you don't get the sweet add-ons.

Hope this helps.

Postal.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113593141 -->

I went 3/4 front and rear. I noticed it slowed the steering down a tad. It seems to track better. Doesn't wander around as much. I let a friend ride it this weekend and he commented how nimble it was compared to his zx11. I love the look and feel. Just need an arm now.
A pic of it lowered.
http://www.rccracing.com/2.jpg

I like the way the Busa looks when its lowered but I dont want to mess with the handeling so mine stays stock:;):

Mine will never be lowered, I like the twistys. I've actually been thinking of adding a dog bone and bringing the ass end up another inch to make it a bit more &quot;flickable&quot; from what i hear it makes a big difference.

I can see lowering it if i was going to the track, 1/4 or 1/8 mile. but for practicle street use i can't see it personally. same with Extending the swing arm, I've not rode a busa with 1, but i'd think it would have to ruin the handeling (might be wrong, but seems like it would kill it)

With that said, i think it looks cool as hell, just not for me.

<!--EDIT|Cykill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148130504 -->

I just lowered the back of mine about 30 minutes ago.... Looks killer and I can't wait to take it for a ride.  Also threw on a Trinity adjustable billet kickstand. Now I just need to drop the front a little bit to match.

PC270002__Medium_.JPG

i tryed mine low. 2&quot; .
it was not for me, looked good but i did not like the handling, seamed slow in the turns
i finaly through trial, i raised the rear + 1&quot; lovin it, quick in the turns super.gif
but you have to decide what works for you

In the famous words of Lil John,

&quot;3,6,9 damn she fine hopin she can sock it to me one mo time. Get low, Get low. To the window, to the wall...&quot;

All low all the time!!

DSC01671.jpg

It is NOT for canyon carving in any way shape or form.

But it does make for a great conversation piece. super.gif

DSC01981.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back