lowering your bike

lowering your bike - What do you think about it ?

• Yes, I like, going to lower mine, some day

Votes: 198 100.0%
  • Already lowered it. It LooksssSweet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lowered it didnt like it, remove it.

• Like the look, but not on mine.

• No, Would never lower my bike.

• No thought, I uh...........

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrrhic

Registered
I just got a new Billet Triple Clamp that allows for the front end to be lowered, which Im gonna do.

Wanted hear your opinion on lowering your bike.

It's a subjective thing but I bought mine lowered and didn't like the look or feel compared to stock. I changed it back and carving is sooooooo much better.

I have handlebar risers i made...inch and a half..and made new dog bone links..
Now it sit's 3/4" lower..looks good and with the lower center of gravity..it seems to had shed weight....not true but flicks side to side much easier...and it will still lean waaay over by the time a peg feeler hit's the pavement..I like it !

I sit a little lower with the new Tobin seat.

(crappy photo, I know)

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094224867 -->

Tobinseat1.jpg

New triple is in hand, dogbones for the rear. Oh yeah, it's on!

I learned years ago, when I was fooling around with Harleys, that you don't change features of a motorcycle that affect the handling. Raked frames and extended forks, all that &quot;chopper flop&quot; crap is like marrying a great looking girl that can't cook......just dosen't fill all your needs! I have people try to convince me to lengthen my busa just because it looks &quot;cool&quot;. None of that for me!

I lowered mine with the triple clamp up front and the threaded links in the rear. For the mountain twisties, its just a quick 20 min. and its back to original height

Here's a pic of mine lowered 1 1/2 in front and back. I need to stiffen the shock because as you can see by the pic it appears to sit high in the back but the next pic with my friend across the street sitting on it you can see it lowers even more with a persons weight on it.

SWING_LOWERED.jpg

Haven't rode much with the arm on but I can tell you the straight line launches have definately improved. By far the most stable and predictable take offs. The karate kick is about gone. No more sliding all over the place. Oh but cornering sucks biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111934040 -->

Tried something new this time with my 05, the rear was already lowered when I bought it with the nice, engraved, Hayabusa lowering links, middle hole. Instead of spending $130.00 ++ on a Genmar riser for the tree, I experimented a little.  I bought 3&quot; bolts at Lowes (black, allen head type), 3/4&quot; of stacked washers for each of the four tripple tree bolts. Painted the washers black, the heads of the bolts black, gloss! The chrome buttons fit into the new bolt heads. Lowered it 3/4&quot; in the front for about $10.00. I'll post a picture soon. I think it looks very clean.

Postal.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113504937 -->

It doesn't look as clean as the Genmar, but just wanted to offer a less expensive solution for the budget rider.

Here is the Genmar I used on my 02LE...

genmar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back