Lowered 08 Busa with old links

Nice , but please remove the shovel and change the exhaust !

J/K  
beerchug.gif
Seriously.
laugh.gif

I have to drive through gravel/dirt.  The body is not dirty, but the tires and wheels are always dirty.  

I used what I had for a bit which I think is 1/2".  It was quick and did the job.  

I did not lower the front since that takes a new tree.  I like the slightly slower handling.  But do not think it is slow.  I just sliced between two semi's at 90.  Stock, it is almost too quick and tends to fall over between 15 and 25 deg.  It is more stable now and I will be putting on wheels (any suggestions for commuting - not racing?) and a 42 rear that will bring the rear wheel forward.
Double check that rear sprocket.I beleive the gearing is now 18/43.You'll need a 45 to move the wheel up.Not sure on this just what I've heard.

I have to drive through gravel/dirt. The body is not dirty, but the tires and wheels are always dirty.

I used what I had for a bit which I think is 1/2". It was quick and did the job.

I did not lower the front since that takes a new tree. I like the slightly slower handling. But do not think it is slow. I just sliced between two semi's at 90. Stock, it is almost too quick and tends to fall over between 15 and 25 deg. It is more stable now and I will be putting on wheels (any suggestions for commuting - not racing?) and a 42 rear that will bring the rear wheel forward.
Double check that rear sprocket.I beleive the gearing is now 18/43.You'll need a 45 to move the wheel up.Not sure on this just what I've heard.
You are correct 18/43 on the '08 BUSA.

The bolt pattern/size is different for both front/rear sprockets also from prev-models. However, the good news is that the rear wheel has the same hole dimensions as the GSXR1K so you can use there sprockets for now...
ThumbsUp.gif

I don't know if I'd shorten the gearing (to move the axle forward) any further with a 45...
wowold.gif
For commuting and mileage, I'd drop down in the rear to lower the REV's if anything. Otherwise, leave it stock geared....
cool.gif

Got "“ Busa: You are correct on the rear 43 (I have not pulled the fairing to look at the front, but I am sure you are right). I will do new wheels. I know a great deal about car wheels (I race my 350Z against Z-06s and Porches), but not much about bike wheels. Any suggestions? (I am going to start a new thread.)

My 03 has a 16 front and I have enjoyed blasting through traffic and semi's without downshifting. I have had to downshift at 70 mph on the 08. Mileage is probably affected, but has been over 40 mpg on the short geared 03. Don't forget I am at 7000 ft and am down 20% on torque/power which is why I didn't buy a Concours14 and will convert the Busa to a sport tourer. Helibars come Tuesday and will need to drill different holes. I am modifying the mount bracket for my Givi trunk (yes - it will looks stupid, but I need it) and already talking to Zero Gravity on when they will have the Sport Touring windscreen. However, I will do some speed runs stock after I get it broken-in - at least 1000 mi.

In that case, I would try a 17/43 since that's not much different than the 16/40 on the Gen-I bike. It's going to be wheelie city with the increased power on the '08. It should be fun though based off your -20% numbers and what my old bike did with that gearing combo and mods on my Gen-I...
beerchug.gif

Back