Love my STealer's new service manager

CrashTestDanny

Registered
Well, I've been having a couple problems with the ST for a few months and finally got the nerve up to go into the STealer to get them to look at it and agree that my windscreen motor and my rear shock are both toast and need to be replaced under warranty. I learned last week that their previous service manager had left and was replaced by his former assistant... WHEEEEEEEE!!!

Old guy vs. new guy:
on tires:
"If you paid 50% or more too much buying them here, you can leave the bike with us for three weeks and we'll get them mounted for you. Don't count on the same thing you ordered though..." vs. "Sure, we'll mount a new tire you bought on the net. Would you like it done while you wait or can you leave it with us until Lunch?"

on routine maintenance work:
"Leave it with us for three weeks and we'll see if we can get your oil changed..." vs. "Sure! I can change your oil in 30 minutes while you wait!"

on warranty work:
"That bug splat isn't stock. I don't think we'll be able to warranty that..." vs. "Aww - those mods don't matter, this is clearly a defective part, we'll get Honda to send a new one right away!"

So they're replacing my windscreen motor and rear shock under the 3-year, unlimited mileage warranty - and even going to get the shock upgraded a little!!! Wheeee!!!

Sounds like you found someone who actually cares about the customers! Has the ST surged again like it did while we were in Custer?
beerchug.gif

nice, thats rare but I think for these places to maintain the service end they are all going to have to do it. Just takes one good one in an area to change things sometimes
cool.gif
Make sure you put the word out, might find that it helps change other places too
beerchug.gif

(HillsRider @ Jul. 25 2007,16:16) Sounds like you found someone who actually cares about the customers! Has the ST surged again like it did while we were in Custer?  
beerchug.gif
Nope - the surging seems to be gone... I'm thinkin she didn't like either the gas or the altitude.

(CrashTestDanny @ Jul. 25 2007,21:05)
(HillsRider @ Jul. 25 2007,16:16) Sounds like you found someone who actually cares about the customers! Has the ST surged again like it did while we were in Custer?  
beerchug.gif
Nope - the surging seems to be gone... I'm thinkin she didn't like either the gas or the altitude.
My guess would be the gas. I feel sorry for the guys in SD. You pay way too much for the crap they call gas up there.

(CrashTestDanny @ Jul. 25 2007,18:09) Well, I've been having a couple problems with the ST for a few months and finally got the nerve up to go into the STealer to get them to look at it and agree that my windscreen motor and my rear shock are both toast and need to be replaced under warranty.  I learned last week that their previous service manager had left and was replaced by his former assistant...  WHEEEEEEEE!!!

Old guy vs. new guy:
on tires:
"If you paid 50% or more too much buying them here, you can leave the bike with us for three weeks and we'll get them mounted for you.  Don't count on the same thing you ordered though..."  vs. "Sure, we'll mount a new tire you bought on the net.  Would you like it done while you wait or can you leave it with us until Lunch?"

on routine maintenance work:
"Leave it with us for three weeks and we'll see if we can get your oil changed..." vs. "Sure!  I can change your oil in 30 minutes while you wait!"

on warranty work:
"That bug splat isn't stock.  I don't think we'll be able to warranty that..." vs. "Aww - those mods don't matter, this is clearly a defective part, we'll get Honda to send a new one right away!"

So they're replacing my windscreen motor and rear shock under the 3-year, unlimited mileage warranty - and even going to get the shock upgraded a little!!!   Wheeee!!!
I guess I can start going back there again. I gought my bike at that stealer, but they lost me as a customer when the old service manager substituted cheap chinese made parts on my Busa when I specified the exact brand of part I wanted. I don't think I'm alone since the service department there seems to have done a 180* turn.

Make sure you make the owner/general manager know how you feel! Glad you got a good one.
beerchug.gif

Back