Lost My 17 Year Old Daughter Off the Back...

I'm sorry to hear this lesson was learned by your family. Thank you for sharing it, so that others may learn from it. Even in heart ache good things can come, please let your daughter know that from reading her story I am ordering textile pants for my wife and I tommorow. It won't fix her wounds but may help to know how God is using her misfortune for good.

I grew up riding behind my dad (as young as 5 or 6) and a helmet was the only gear we knew ( this includes shorts and t-shirts). By grace he never crashed with my brother or I, only himself (easy to crash when you're drunk).

Prayers for healing physically, emotionally and spiritualy.
jt

Prayers sent to you and your family. I have four kids and all but one rides with me. We usually just ride around town and they don't have jackets yet. Not anymore! Thank you for posting this story. Your mistake is going to be my lesson learned. I could not imagine anything happening to one of my kids no matter how small.

Bill,

This could have been a lot worse, prayers that she heals up quickly and fully. Lesson learned, time to move on.

My daughter's jacket just came in today since she now has her own scoot. Would you mind PMing the rash pics so I can show her why I want her to wear it always?

I was out riding with some spirited riders today with my son on the back. I was the slowest of the group and my leans were not what they were, all I could think of was him on the back. A good reminder for me that I need to think of him before keeping up.

Give her our best.

omg jinks...that is one daddy lesson we all dont need to have...my heart goes out for both of you. i hope she heals quick and will ride again.

For those who missed the pic he already removed .
It was nothing more than a pic of her in the doctors office with a bikini top on . Yes you could see a little of her but it was nothing 'omg' and as he said already as a result of the road rash it was all she could put on !
Nothing more than you would see any girl of any age wearing here in South Florida so everyone can relax as he posted no crazy pic of his daughter .

Bill I'll call you tomorrow .

Bill-would you mind PMing the pics to me (sans the boob pic), so I can explain to both of my daughters why I don't feel comfortable with them riding with me? They're 10 and 11 and I just do not have the confidence to let them ride at any speeds with me.--Thanks

Bill I could use the pictures as well- have a niece and a girlfriend that could use a dose of reality.

Thanks much.

Colton

That sucks , I hope everyone can learn from this post . Don't beat yourself up aboout it though You BOTH knew better, learn from it and hope it never happens again and be GLAD it wasn't worse .

Stuff Happens..............Don't Kick yourself in the But for it. Your Daughter will recover and You have Learned an Important Lesson about Gear. I Personally ride in a T-Shirt and Jeans with a 1/2 Helmet when I Ride the 109. My Choice !!!!!!!! Wife Feels Enclosed with a Full Helmet so she does the Same when she Rides with Me HER CHOICE !!!..........BJEWELL............You are an ARSHOLE !!!!!!!!!!! You have NO RIGHT to Judge this Man. He made a mistake and US as Family of BUSAS should give him our Support. :thumbsup:

I wear gear too but when its ur time to go.... ur going no matter what.Naked on a moped on the interstate or driving an army tank.Bottom line is **** happens.....Some things are preventable but when its our time,,,,,,,, see u in the afterlife(i hope) :bowdown:

I wear gear too but when its ur time to go.... ur going no matter what.Naked on a moped on the interstate or driving an army tank.Bottom line is **** happens.....Some things are preventable but when its our time,,,,,,,, see u in the afterlife(i hope) :bowdown:

I Agree :thumbsup:

Here's to a quick recovery for your Daughter and your family. Godspeed.

Yeowzza. Reading that post was tough. It's never too hot for gear. It was 105 out here this week and I still wore my perforated black leather jacket. I figure getting 2nd degree burns from laying down on the asphault is reason enough to wear it.

Guilty here Jinkster. I know what you mean about the heat. It's been really steamy here too. I didn't see the pic but sometimes a picture off injuries will put enough fear into people to make them think before riding without protection. I know this aint cool on a sport bike but it really puts your mind at ease when carrying a passenger. My daughter loves to ride with me and she's 24, about 110 pounds so it's like she's not there. I have to check my mirrors sometimes to make sure she's still on. May your daughter heal quickly.

100_3705.jpg

Not trying to sound like a perv but I would like to see the road rash, everyone is saying her boobs were hanging out but you said the rash was her back, shoulder blades to the belt line??? If you have a pic of the road rash on her BACK could you post up as an example of what not to do?

My heart crys out for you bro, in life these things happen and most of the times we learn great lessons from our experiences, so from this all you can do is learn. And for the ppl on here that give you "tuff love" as long as there's love no harm no foul but just bashing you for you're mistake is just wrong because i'm quite sure that they have made their own. But best of luck to you and your family and above all ride safe next time.

I am so sorry to hear this Bill... Hope the very best for her and that she heals quick. Wow man I just dont know what else to say but that I really feel for you all...

I have 5 kids myself and all have rode with me so I can relate to this...

Hope she heals quick ... Best wishes to all in your family

Back