Just had some wild shid happen...get this..

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
I was going to ride Marissa (my middle daughter) up to see my oldest daughter at her new part-time first ever summer job...Jon Smiths Subs..and get Marrisa and i a sub to split...so Marissa and i gear up, hop on O-Ren and off we go...

I get up to the end of our street and just as i'm pulling out onto the main road in front of oncoming traffic my engine gags itself to death...i'm frantically trying to keep'er going via throttle and feathering the clutch so we don't get hit up the azz and managed to build up enough rolling speed to make it to the next sidestreet where the engine completely gave out and died and?..i instantly smell raw gas fumes...

Apparently?...i put my freaking crankcase breather tube on upside down and unbeknowns to me?...it was conflicting with the main fuel line when the tank was lowered...and the coupling evidently un-snapped itself...which is amazing where and when it happened...just a few blocks from home...I rolled it back, saw the problem and had it fixed in 5 minutes but still...i was out with O-Ren for hours the other night and a good 25 miles from home...moral to the story?...watch those crankcase breather and fuel-line coupling routings folks...my poor O-Ren could've gone full fireball...with me and Marissa on top...old age..bad shid...i don't know what's going faster...my hearing...my eyesight or?..my mind!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Object lesson: When working on your bike, you MUST drink at least one beer before winding things up or you'll always have something go wrong!

biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Glad you're okay, man.

--Wag--

+1 on Wag, sacrificing a brew always appeases the gremlins.
all_coholic.gif

Glad it went the way it did Jinks, that could have been nasty.

Yeah..i pushed O-Ren back home...5 blocks...5 looooong blocks...i'm gett'in to old fer this shid...then again?...my legs did get a lil exercise.
laugh.gif

(JINKSTER @ Apr. 28 2007,22:35) Yeah..i pushed O-Ren back home...5 blocks...5 looooong blocks...i'm gett'in to old fer this shid...then again?...my legs did get a lil exercise.
laugh.gif
Yeah, pushing a bike 5 blocks is tiring. Done 1 block once when I ran out of gas... Good on ya for finding it Bill!
beerchug.gif

You got lucky!! You pushed it 5 blocks?? That is HARD to do!!! Wow glad you didnt drop it even pushing it home. That would of sucked also!! Glad you 3 are OK, You, Marissa, Oren!!

beerchug.gif

Glad all is well Jinkster. BTW, did you and Marissa ever make it to your other daughter's job?
rock.gif

Wow that could have been really bad... Glad to see you and the little one made it without incident! You just never know if the other guy will see you or not, especially cars. My experience says you become the invisible man when broke down on almost any road.

(bacharles @ Apr. 28 2007,18:39) Glad all is well Jinkster.  BTW, did you and Marissa ever make it to your other daughter's job?
rock.gif
nope....never made it....it was too late by the time i pushed it back home with poor Marissa tagging along behind carrying two helmets and two jackets while daddy pushed...late afternoon south florida...90degs and humid...we sat in the ac with cold drinks and then i made us both a grilled cheese sandwich.
laugh.gif

"Then" worked on O-Ren and had'er fixed in about 5 minutes...i should've rinsed'er down yesterday though...woke up this morning and she had 1/2 the house and the entire garage smelling like raw gas...it musta "puddled" somewhere and i didn't catch it...he11...i was afraid to light my 1st morning cigarette until i got the garage door open and some fresh air circulat'in.
wow.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Glad you didn't have an O-renbeque, there, Bill. I know what you mean about the mind going. I've got some stories, too.......
crazy.gif

Jinks you and O-Ren have been having a lot of issues lately . Maybe its time you two seek some professional help .
wink.gif

(tinmann @ Apr. 29 2007,04:19) Jinks you and O-Ren have been having a lot of issues lately . Maybe its time you two seek some professional help .
wink.gif
why?..so i can pay a stealership $400-$500 so some 19 year old pimple who just graduated ami can do this?...

CAM1.jpg

CAM2.jpg

CAM3.jpg

CAM4.jpg

CAM5.jpg

CAM6.jpg

CAM7.jpg

CAM8.jpg

so what...i hada couple minor gliches the first time through...but i learned...and it's damn sure done right now!...now...if i can just find an alternative for these pos clear alternative led front turn signals!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
pushing a 500+ pound  bike that far sucks, i had to do that as well when I blew the fuel injection fuse on mine. glad to hear everything worked out.
beerchug.gif

(hayabusa99b/w @ Apr. 29 2007,06:58) pushing a 500+ pound  bike that far sucks, i had to do that as well when I blew the fuel injection fuse on mine. glad to hear everything worked out.
beerchug.gif
yeah....but the part that really suxed was...i could've fixed it right there on the spot in about 5 minutes buuuuut?...somewhere amidst my many self-inflicted wrenching sessions?..instead of having a 3mm,4mm and 5mm allen wrenchs in my tool kit?..things musta got mixed up and i had a 3mm and (2) 5mm's...but no 4mm to get my tank up..and boy did i pi$$ myself off with that one! Thought about it the whole "PUSH" home!
laugh.gif

yet i still retain the ability to laugh at myself....senile old dumbazz!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

(tinmann @ Apr. 29 2007,07:34) No I meant a marriage counselor .
hah!...i figure if a need three people to make a marriage work?..it was probably doomed from the beginning anyways!
laugh.gif

I pushed a bike a mile before, I was going to take my riding test on the bike for my motorcycle permit. Dohhhh!!!! ran out of gas because the reserve didn't work it just sucked the tank dry...It was a new bike to me and I didn't know about the little problem..But I still made it in time but I almost failed the test because I was so tired from pushing it around the course..

Back