lost it in a corner  BUSA DOWN!

I think I will get some frame sliders though. Been thinkin about it for a while now I think I will.

Sorry that happened
sad.gif

WWJD, Glad to hear your OK, and Glad to see the bike isn't serious. The only thing I can say is that's what winter does............tears up pavement. Freezing, thawing, breaks the stuff apart and looks like you just happen to hit a blind one. Can't really say where I see anything in your explaination that would flag you as being at fault. Speed was acceptable, braking seemed acceptable, the fact you live there and drive that lot daily is acceptable..............however the pavement.............unacceptable!
sad.gif

Greg, are you still going to be stock for life? Now would be a good time to make an exception.

Kev

As you know, the most important thing is that you are OK
smile.gif

Probably just a freak in the pavement, and it gave you no time to react.

I can't help but wonder how much sliders would have helped
rock.gif

No, I don't have them on mine yet either
wink.gif

Seems like a very simple low speed get off, that now is about $800 in damage with you doing the work yourself
mad.gif

WWJD -
I think you did exactly what you had to do, hiting that front brake hard. Sometimes, stuff happens. Glad to hear you didn't get hurt. Oh, and I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but framesliders. Hey, BTW: what's a TRE anyway?

hey WWJD well that sucks your bike is a twin of mine with the same damage in the same spot sucks. atleast your not hurt.

I use my back brake 65% front brake 35% at slow speeds to avoid what you have experienced. I maintain much more control that way. I know the front has the most stopping power but at low speed the rear works just fine. Glad you're OK. pop in to the property managers office and ask who they are insured with. Let them fix it. You pay for grounds maintenance with your apt. rent.
smile.gif

Oh Man..... Feel your pain. Glad you walked away. Sometimes you just wish you could forget rather than relive it everyday trying to figure out what you could have done different.

Had one worse than yours. Bought a new 02 GSX750F and was brining it home in a trailer from the dealership. Decided to drive right past my house and go two streets down to the local church parking lot to give her a test. Right as I was pulling into the lot I heard a snap and looked back to see my Katana rolling over the side of the trailer right to the ground. Brand new strap was defective and snaped. I still get that pit in my stomach and ticked just thinking about....... What can you do but deal with it.

Hope you get her fixed up real soon.... Ride on!!

Greg, in case you don't remember, I'm the guy on the sliver FZ from last April's track school at MAM. Sorry to see that you went down. I don't think you did anything wrong, but this just goes to show you (us) that sometimes you can do everything right and still have a mishap.

Sorry to hear you biffed. I don't have frame sliders either, can't quite bring myself to drill the plastic. I'm glad you were wearing good gear (better gear than I wear) and the damage was only cosmetic.

Maybe we can hook up and do some riding this season.

Happy trails,

Chain

WWJD - sorry to hear about (and see) your accident.

I live way over here in Urbandale, and I have two perfectly good stock cans with about 1600 miles on them. One has your name on it if you want it, all you have to do is ride over and we'll bolt it on...

Let me know if you are interested.

That sucks no matter how you look at it!! I still have the stock cans off of my '02. You can have the left can (or both if you want 'em), just cost you the freight from South Dakota to you. Let me know if you are interested. And you took that spill alot better than I would have!!
biggrin.gif

Edit: Didn't see the post right above mine, but the offer is still open if you need them. Same goes for anyone who has rashed their busa.

<!--EDIT|BusainSD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112503071 -->

I dropped mine by hitting the front brake but wasn't goin fast enough to hurt the bike bad. Sorry , glad you're ok

Sorry to hear that WWJD....
sad.gif

Not a major damage, that cannot be fixed... but I suggest you get yourself some frame sliders, they really help!

Sorry bout the drop Greg. Atleast you didn't get hurt and damage to the bike doesn't look too bad. Hopefully we get together this year for some riding!

Thanks for all the input and parts offers, gang! I REALLY appriciate it.
smile.gif
I'm a good rider but NEVER, EVER TOO GOOD to learn more stuff. I'll probably get the sliders put on ASAP seeing as I'll be on a track more this season. I think I'll take that blind corner even SLOWER and WIDER in the future! I guess I can say I learned THAT at least.
smile.gif

KEVIN - nope. stock for life
smile.gif

CHAIN - you betcha, I'd love to roll out there. we will DEFINITLEY set up a ride. I'll just duct tape the fairing and I'll be good to go!
biggrin.gif

PWARD76 - I'm PMing you

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112540609 -->

smile.gif

smile.gif

Just one of those things, bro! Not much else you could have done. You're okay and the bike is repairable. Don't sweat it and keep ridin' her.

Back