Sand in a slow blind corner

Good save man !!!!
beerchug.gif

good job on not panicking and staying off the brakes. my brother went down on my 06 last week. a little road rash and a pin in his collar bone. glad you made it out safe

I want people that shoot their lawn clippings out on to the street beat however....
I COMPLETELY agree!!!  I hate that!  And it's as simple as TURN THE MOWER AROUND!
what is it with people and thier stinking grass clippings, i have 2 morons down from me that do that very thing....complete idiots....probably came from the trailer park, oops did i just say that.......
laugh.gif

Thx everyone and I checked under the sand and there was no fluids or stains under it and the sand was 100% dry so there was nothing soaked into it. I'm glad I remembered everything I've heard and read about situations like that and did it. I was expecting to go down and slide a little ways. I was going about 20 or 22 its a really slow corner and even at that speed you are leaned over pretty far.

I'm glad to be a part of the community here. Even before I had a bike I've been around lusting after the busa. My bad back has kept me off one and then the B-King comes out and I say yipee. So here I am and my bike is still a busa at heart.

Its a weird feeling when both wheels are sliding on sand. Im just glad they slid together and then hit clean pavement at the same time. If they would have hit one before the other and got traction like that it could have been ugly.

Thanks again for all the words guys. Keep your eyes open. Oh yeah I got all that seat out. My wife had to get the tongs for the grill but I think we got it all.

-vJ-

I wanna shoot people that start squirting their windshield washers, then look at me in the rear view mirror and laugh.

guns.gif

I wanna shoot people that start squirting their windshield washers, then look at me in the rear view mirror and laugh.

guns.gif
offtopic.gif

At the next red light you piss on their trunk! j/k. Actually when people do this to me I pull up along side them to get out of the way of the water. If they got something else to say then, so be it. No one ever has.

Most look pretty scared. I don't even achknowledge that I am in their personal space. I don't make gestures at them or say anything. But I bet they never do it to a biker again. The next biker may not be so nice.

As for the poster, good job keeping the rubber side down. I hit some sand a few weeks back. Not a good feeling at all until you make it out OK. Good save.

I would go back a remove the sand and then wait to see if someone puts it back. If anyone, I would suspect a anti-motorcycle "concerned citizen".

guns.gif
I keep one hose out so it sprays a stream out the side...usually for convertibles.
laugh.gif

j/k...well not really i do have one out...i just need to put it back in. Guess a carwash forced it out. Same things happens to my wifes Trailblazer back windshield...sprays a stream for about 15 feet each side of the back.
sadnews.gif

Glad you made it through OK. I'd clean it up and wait to see what develops. Post up and let us know!

Nice SAVE !!!
super.gif
Now pull the seat out from between your cheeks and get back out there....
coolold.gif
If you catch someone doing that, we'll definitely enjoy the "Well I caught the guy spreading the sand" thread, and the follow-up "and I beat his @SS" thread to go with it !!!!
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
Good eye, good presence, and glad the ride and the rider are recovering nicely...

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Back