Sand on the road

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
I just wanted to remind you all to be carefull when taking the bike out on a warm winter day jaunt.

I took Misty out today and I was amazed at how much sand was at every Stop Sign and Stop light as well as Driveways into just about everywhere.

So be carefull out there.

Sorry no pics, If you need to see sand either go to the Beach or your Kids sand Box. :laugh:

Glad this was just a public service announcement and not something more serious. :thumbsup:

Rained HARD here day before yesterday, so there were several wiggle patches while I was out and about today.

Also, if you're out on a day which has just warmed up a little after several cold days, watch for ice. Black ice in shady spots can be downright deadly. Even in your cage.

--Wag--

I was noticing the sand yesterday on my over there. I never spun a tire thank goodness, but I was easy peasy for sure.

Sand on the road also means sand in your chain, contributing to early sprocket and chain wear. They have to be cleaned and lubed more often in those conditions.:thumbsup:

Sand & ..... There are three more on left, cell phone pic.

untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:
Here in SW MIssouri they grind up old black top and spread it on the roads. It does the job but if it gets on your exhaust it smells terrible. Once the snow/ice is gone it is a PITA until a good rain washes it away. 59 and sunny today. Going to take a ride to a dealer in NEOSHO and see if they have a 2007 Red Busa. Could call them but the 50 mile ride will be much more fun.

Good lookin'-out, brother!

That's what it's all about... :beerchug:

Wish I would have hit the sand instead of the diesel fuel they tried to cover. Nice low side that rashed the right side and broke my hand. But the gear worked! Now I'm leting my wallet heal before I can ride again.:banghead:

Back