Looks like a war is looming in Israel

Hamas has attacked Israel and Netanyahu has declared Israel is at war...

We'll have to see where this goes.....

I think the war in Ukraine just got benched.

This is what I don't like about the Muslim faith. They are adamant that the Nation of Israel should be extinguished. So yeah, all of the Muslim nations will come together to get behind this. Israel is very well trained and ferocious fighters. With top notch technology. But still they are tiny, and surrounded by well financed hate.

I think the war in Ukraine just got benched.

This is what I don't like about the Muslim faith. They are adamant that the Nation of Israel should be extinguished. So yeah, all of the Muslim nations will come together to get behind this. Israel is very well trained and ferocious fighters. With top notch technology. But still they are tiny, and surrounded by well financed hate.
The US has already moved assets into the region...and warned off Hamas supporters to stand down.....doubtful if they will listen...

The US has already moved assets into the region...and warned off Hamas supporters to stand down.....doubtful if they will listen...
I know. We will never allow Israel to be taken willingly.

And Israel will mount a massive payback. They will torch the Gaza Strip. I seriously doubt the U.S. can negotiate them off the cliff. And I have a feeling we will see a Russian/Iranian connection. I don't see how they got 1000s of missles without help.

Hmm this is. Tough one , Palestine existed in 1946 , and then the British helped to create isreal in 1948.

Now most Palestinians are forced into an enclave called Gaza and the West Bank , all the more Israeli settlers are claiming more and more land on the est bank.

Settlers get violent towards the old indigenous.
A wall is built. Etc etc

If you were Palestinian and your family were stuck with little work and few prospects.
What would you do ??

A reminder below…

The late 19th century saw the widespread consolidation of a Jewish nationalist movement known as Zionism, as part of which aliyah (Jewish return to the Land of Israel from the diaspora) increased. During World War I, the Sinai and Palestine campaign of the Allies led to the partitioning of the Ottoman Empire. Britain was granted control of the region by League of Nations mandate, in what became known as Mandatory Palestine. The British government publicly committed itself to the creation of a Jewish homeland. Arab nationalism opposed this design, asserting Arab rights over the former Ottoman territories and seeking to prevent Jewish migration. As a result, Arab–Jewish tensions grew in the succeeding decades of British administration.

In 1948, the Israeli Declaration of Independencesparked the 1948 Arab–Israeli War, which resulted in the 1948 Palestinian expulsion and flight and subsequently led to waves of Jewish emigration from other parts of the Middle East.

Hmm this is. Tough one , Palestine existed in 1946 , and then the British helped to create isreal in 1948.

Now most Palestinians are forced into an enclave called Gaza and the West Bank , all the more Israeli settlers are claiming more and more land on the est bank.

A wall is built. Etc etc

If you were Palestinian and your family were stuck with little work and few prospects.
What would you do ??

A reminder below…

The late 19th century saw the widespread consolidation of a Jewish nationalist movement known as Zionism, as part of which aliyah (Jewish return to the Land of Israel from the diaspora) increased. During World War I, the Sinai and Palestine campaign of the Allies led to the partitioning of the Ottoman Empire. Britain was granted control of the region by League of Nations mandate, in what became known as Mandatory Palestine. The British government publicly committed itself to the creation of a Jewish homeland. Arab nationalism opposed this design, asserting Arab rights over the former Ottoman territories and seeking to prevent Jewish migration. As a result, Arab–Jewish tensions grew in the succeeding decades of British administration.

In 1948, the Israeli Declaration of Independencesparked the 1948 Arab–Israeli War, which resulted in the 1948 Palestinian expulsion and flight and subsequently led to waves of Jewish emigration from other parts of the Middle East.
It's always been a touchy strip of land. And every side argues why they do what they do. If the U.S. wasn't calling Israel an ally, the things Israel does, would be called terrorist acts. Israel was distracted by it's own internal political upheaval.

We as outsiders forget that if we don't see conflict we don't keep track of the temperature.

Well we used to.

But we are running low on thermometers.

Hamas has attacked Israel and Netanyahu has declared Israel is at war...

We'll have to see where this goes.....

I don't think any of the actual nations, Egypt etc, will jump in. Hezbola may escalate it but I don't think anyone with serious military power will jump in. They know that if they do, we will too.

Gaza is going to get crushed but I don't think it'll go beyond that.

A wall is built. Etc etc

What would you do ??

A reminder below…

you left out the part that after WWII when all the Jewish refugees arriving in British and the USA were themselves interned in camps or sent away. No other place to put them other than in the middle of the Arab lands that had sided against them during the war.
Left alone that area would have sorted itself out. Outside meddling has created this never ending story of ancient brothers fighting.

Israel was caught napping bigtime. Attacks happened at 3am eastern standard. There is no way I’ll believe potus was awakened and briefed. He slept thru the whole thing.

This was definitely Iranian supported. Many say ‘Biden gave them $6 billion and this is what they did with it.’ I’ll disagree. First it was their money to begin with. We gave them nothing only unfroze their money. Second I do not believe for a second Iran needed that $6 bil to do anything. They already have plenty.

Lastly I’ll point out the extreme shortage the last Israeli response created as far as 155mm howitzer shells goes. They fired everything they had and begged for more from us. We gave them some but got to a point where we would not give anymore. Would not even let them into our $1 billion Depot there. Now we are already depleted from supplying ukraine. There ain’t much to share anymore.

But it other news water is still wet and this won’t be the last time these two peoples kill each other.

It’s headlines like this that cause one to pay attn.

We know Iran has been funding Hamas and other groups for decades. Not really any need to question who helped them this time either. But if it turns out this was a coordinated attack which Iran had a fresh hand in then one has to wonder what the Israeli response will be. They’ve made strikes against Iran before. Will a larger no doubt who did it attack be launched on Iran?
It could boil over out of control pretty quickly.

I’ll disagree. First it was their money to begin with. We gave them nothing only unfroze their money. Second I do not believe for a second Iran needed that $6 bil to do anything. They already have plenty.
I believe there were restrictions on what the money could be used for as well, like humanitarian purposes. Or so they say anyway.

Iran might have a different definition of ‘humanitarian’ purposes than we do.
I'm sure they do and it could certainly be argued that these "humanitarian" funds freed up funds elsewhere so while it may not have been directly funding Hamas I'm sure it could have indirectly funded Hamas but also the timing is really close as well. I'm sure this build up of weapons was already happing at the time of these funds. This could literally be a distraction from Ukraine. I mean the timing of this Hamas attack and the recent missile attacks from Russia a couple of days ago is really alarming. It may be Iran's way of helping Russia. Next, we may see some north Korean activity. Didn't Kim and Putin meet up a week or two ago? Wouldn't surprise me at all TBH.

One gets to wonder where Hamas managed to get over 5000 missiles........

That's quite a stockpile.

At one time there was a big UN contingent in the region but that was whittled down to nothing and this is what happens as a result.

If there was ever a good place to build a very big wall, this is the place, I'm surprised it hasn't already been built and manned....

It would be a challenge for armed thugs to run across a field and attack innocent civilians when they are dodging .50 cal and mortar rounds...

Back