Can You Really Blame Israel?

As it should. They have been at it for years over a strip of land. Throw down on your own turf with no outside interference, figure out who's wee wee is bigger and move on.

As it should. They have been at it for years over a strip of land. Throw down on your own turf with no outside interference, figure out who's wee wee is bigger and move on.

No i cant but Israel cannot conquer a belief. This is a good article along with many eloquent comments. Between the two they express it better than I can. The situation is not so one dimensional or simple. No justification for anything but I challenge any of you to live under EITHER sides conditions and come out with different thoughts. Both are mentally driven in their beliefs but neither will win. One side has the metal the other has the mind. In the end the women and children on both sides will suffer the most.

The Gates Of Hell? Or The Gates Of Heck? | The American Conservative

We should evacuate all Israelis to here and let that land go back to being a ****hole it has always been. I am tired of this, let Arab/Persian world succumb to its own devices. If they mess with us again we should unleash nukes from the Med to the borders of China and India.

Again, it's got so many meanings that directly relates to a strip of land and I'm sure many other reason I will never understand. When has ones faith, beliefs, and being
been so dependent on something material as such? I thought it was from ones spirit and within???. Peoples have been fighting over religion and beliefs for thousands of years and I don't see it ending any time soon. I don't fully understand it and frankly really don't care. To hate someone or a people because they don't beleive what you do or practice what you preach is IMHO, stupid. Fight it out, kill innocent people and move on.

I get that the gaza strip is an over populated open air prison for many there but the fact still remains that the people there elected a terroist group to lead their country who only have one mission in mind and that is to kill as many Israeli citizens as possible.

there are definately arguments on both sides to be made but it was not Israel that began blowing their citizens up on buses on the gaza strip in protest. it was hamas and its many supporters that started blowing themselves up in Israel which forced Israel to close its borders and deny passage to everyone which created this bubble that they now live in.

its funny how many have short memories and seem to forget that. Isreal would welcome more people into israel to generate their economy but not at the expense of shoveling their citizens body parts off the ground from cowards blowing themselves up.

terroists dont dress like terroists. they dress like every day people. and its a shame that the majority of those living on the gaza strip just want to come into Israel and work and provide for their family. but that is just not possible when people get on buses with the intent on blowing themselves up and anyone else that is near them to cause terror.

the gaza strip is not getting any bigger and israel is not giving up anymore of their land. its one of the most densely populated areas on earth and when cowards hide behind civilains and launch rockets into Israel they force Israel to fire back which leads to innocent civilians being killed as a result which only serves to fuel the fire that Israel is evil and kills innocent people which is complete BS!

if the US or any other country on earth was hit with as many rockets as Israel has in just one day we would turn which ever country launched said missles at us into dust! I think many fail to realize how much restraint Israel has used over the last decade considering how often they have been attacked.

look how many strikes Israel received in 2011 alone and decide for urself....:whistle: List of Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel, 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brett you're only seeing one side of the coin.
And it really is a chicken and egg situation.
The other side is one would ask you to remember all the targeted assassinations of people Israel has committed. You say it's chicken to sneak suicide bombers in and kill innocent folks and I agree with that but ill also remind you it's chicken to fire missiles into buildings which kill innocent folks as well as to restrict simple things like powdered baby milk which winds up killing innocent babies. Not to mention the numerous times Israel has used banned weapons against these people.
The last time Israel invaded the Gaza Strip they lost more than a dozen tanks in less than three weeks and about forty soldiers.
It ain't gonna get easy for either side and I'm not taking sides but again put yourself in a total vacumm whereas every single aspect of your life is controlled. Then tell me who youd vote for. You would vote for the only org willing to stand up to such oppression.
Read Reuters or something else that isn't western slanted to see the truth of what's going on there. Both sides are just as guilty for perpetuating the situation.

The UN is not to be trusted or believed, its a club full of despots, I wish we would leave the UN and kick them out of the US. That being what it is, there is no such thing as a War Crime when you are facing an existential threat, everything goes in that case. The US should stay out of this and let Israel do what it has to do.

I usually try and avoid responding to political and religious threads but here's my take on the "here and now" of this issue. Most civilized people are not going to support the Palestinian cause when they are being governed, controlled, manipulated, and supported by known terrorist organizations and countries whose stated goal is the destruction of a country and her people. No compromise. That will not garner much support from modern society. I sympathize with the children born into that situation.

The US should stay out of this and let Israel do what it has to do.

So it's ok for the US to give them all the tanks, planes, helicopters and bombs they need but as soon as Egypt steps in to assist the other side I'm sure you'll be the first to complain. Yes let us have back everything we've given them and then see what happens. Fat chance. Hypocrisy at its finest. Israel will get all the help we can give but as soon as someone else tries to level the playing field they will be first to cry foul.

Iran and Russia have been trying to level the playing field for 50 years, the testament to that is the thousands of burned out PT 76, BMP, BRDM, T34, T55, T64 T72, tank hulls in the deserts and hills around Israel as well as many many thousands of needless deaths on both sides. I am an isolationist I say arm both sides as long as they pay cash or gold up front and let them have at it. The US really has no historical cultural connection to either of these peoples. Thee rub is when other countries get involved, going back to the Nazi's and the Soviets after them, it kind of forced our hand to be in that shthole region, those days are over. the Arabs hate the Persians as much as they hate the Jews so, I think its time to back off a bit and let the cards fall where they may.

So it's ok for the US to give them all the tanks, planes, helicopters and bombs they need but as soon as Egypt steps in to assist the other side I'm sure you'll be the first to complain. Yes let us have back everything we've given them and then see what happens. Fat chance. Hypocrisy at its finest. Israel will get all the help we can give but as soon as someone else tries to level the playing field they will be first to cry foul.

Blaster while I agree in part with what you say not a single vehicle you mention was Palestinian.
They have never been allowed to own anything like that. We are strictly speaking about Gaza.

I'm just amazed that a people who had done what was done to them during WWII can do the same to the folks in the West Bank without care.

Okay on that, yes they were from every country around Israel but all supplied by Russia, most of the arms/money going to Gaza today comes from Russia/Iran. As far as the Palestinians, there are a million living pretty dam good as Israeli citizens and have been since the latest round of trouble started back in 47 and before. Got interested in this subject as a young man after reading a book called the Haj, by Leon Uris, studied it some more with a reading of a book called the History of the Jews by Paul Johnson, and been following since then with various other books. My own conclusions is that they all hate each other over there, much like the Europeans of the last century, its best for us to stay out unless attacked direct , then we need to eliminate the country and tribe that attacks us, no more invasions just eliminate them.

The other side is one would ask you to remember all the targeted assassinations of people Israel has committed.

Really, Blanca? Really? - You are seriously trying to draw a comparison between blowing up school buses full of children, and assassinating the people who planned and ordered the blowing up of school buses full of children?
Wow.

In any case, the only people to blame for alleged civilian casualties in Hamas-controlled areas are Hamas themselves. They know the propaganda value of a dead child and they are quite willing to hide amongst a (largely complicit) civilian population.

I hope Israel does to Gaza what they did to Ramallah a while back. Stomp it flat and kill everyone who raises a hand against them.

The prophecy made in Genesis 16:12 regarding the Arabs is very true: "He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers."

Yes I am because those targeted assassinations have killed just as many innocent bystanders as the suicide bombings have and if you wanna add up the casualties Israel has killed 100s more.

This is the issue with the Israelis using targeted assassination, they should go after the tribes that accommodate and tolerate these cancers on society and the muslim religion and carpet bomb every last one of them (the whole dammed Gaza strip if need be). Being humane in the middle east is a sign of weakness.

I have to add, this eye for eye thing going on over there is not going to produce good results for anyone, its a cultural thing mostly contained in that part of the world these days. I have family friends that came from one of there back in the 70's, these are hard working industrious people here in America, but their relatives that stayed behind outside Israel are living a violent ,poverty stricken, chaotic life, its a dam shame, its worse than Beirut back in the 80's. Hamas and their fellow terrorists are reaping what they sow, Israel needs to end this now for the benefit of those that will be left alive

Back