Looking to buy a Busa tomorrow

Safari

Registered
For those of you who didn't read my first post... new guy here

It's been 10 years now since I owned a bike (Honda CBR 600) I loved the bike but the vibration killed my hands and wrists. (Riding wasn't enjoyable always rubbing my hands and wrists) Few weeks ago I stopped in the Suzuki dealership and in our conversation the guy told me the newer bikes are much better when it comes to vibration. Long story short I'm really close to buying a Busa08. (Might give me a reason to loose some weight ;-)

I have the choice of the Orange or Blue. (Up in the air on what color) What have been the most popular colors?

I want to add a few things and suggestions would be great and appreciated.

What exhaust should I go with? 2 Bros, Yoshi etc...

I don't need to go 186 MPH so unless I get better performance or something do I really need or should I get a TRE?

Any thoughts on Frame Sliders?

Is there a fender elimination kit out for the 08?

I guess here I ask what else can I do?

You've got lots of reading to do here on the site 'cause there is a tremendous amount of information on the Gen 2 bikes. Orange and black is probably the most popular color for several reasons including it was the first color released. All answers to those questions are really up to you, so read and make your decisions. Welcome to the board.

Check out the colors in sunshine if you can, makes a big difference in how they look. I bought Blue becuase everyone seems to have orange and I've had to many black bikes that I wanted something different.

What's a TRE ?
cool.gif
lol. I guess something that grows out of the ground? I never heard of one. The guy at Suzuki told me to call it a TRE and people would know what I mean. You are suppose to know man. ;-)

I guess I'll get the joke at a later time. I feel like a noob again. (Not that I did anything to my other bikes so I guess I am)

LOL,  You will find that "What's a TRE?" is the most common noob question here.  In particular you asked about getting one and didn't know what it did.

You don't really need a Timing Retard Eliminator....unless you find yourself consistently banging off the limiter.

Search is your friend too. All of your exact questions have been discussed many times, and sometimes us .org veterans get ansy having to answer the same questions over and over.

LOL, You will find that "What's a TRE?" is the most common noob question here. In particular you asked about getting one and didn't know what it did.

You don't really need a Timing Retard Eliminator....unless you find yourself consistently banging off the limiter.
In which case you likely wont last long anyway... save your pennies for other more practical goodies
smile.gif

Just kidding BRO , When I first came to this site it was a standing joke due to the fact that it was probably the most asked question when it came to modifing.
cool.gif

Yeah he told me what it did and told me the Busa was clocked around 220MPH with it installed. I told him I didn't need to go 186MPH so I damn sure don't need to go 220MPH. I guess he said it gave the bike better HP or something as well so I thought that would be good. I'm more of the take off fast type more than the breaking the sound barrier type. Heck I got my Lexus to 145MPH once and that was scary enough. I thought someone wouldn't not see me and cut me off and I probably would survive that so I damn sure know I will not survive 186 + with all the pine trees around here. I love the adrenaline of a quick bike but I don't have a death wish. I think I got my CBR to 120 ONCE and that was enough for me. My brain takes over and"¦. (DANGER! DANGER! WTF ARE YOU DOING! MALFUNCTION! So with all that noise in my head it scares the **** out of me and I slow down)

It's a bad ass bike, handle with care. Scrub tires, and realize every time you start the bike its in "A" full power mode. Might not be the best thing in cold or wet weather, given the instant throttle response, with new tires...

Welcome to the ORG!

Where are you located? There's a poll with 'which color '08 did you buy' in the title. There you will see of those members who made the purchase, which they bought.

Tons of other available info here.

You're going to have a blast!

Scar

Forget the TRE. First things you need to do is take a safety coarse and buy a top of the line helmet, jacket, gloves, pants and boots. Leave the mode switch on "C" for a while and set your shift light at 6,000 rpm. It will remind you to keep it down until break-in mileage is met.

As far as performance upgrade, keep reading different sites and consult your service techs.
They usually know what works and what sounds good but may hurt performance.

It's a bad ass bike, handle with care. Scrub tires, and realize every time you start the bike its in "A" full power mode. Might not be the best thing in cold or wet weather, given the instant throttle response, with new tires...
I'm in N. Florida

Question:
The tires that come with the bike, are they any good (I'm sure they are but...) or should I work out a deal for better tires? Example the tires that came with my Lexus were not good sporting tires so I swapped them out at the dealership for better tires(In the deal)

Oh, I think I am going Orange. I don't like GOLD so...

220 MPH with a TRE
rock.gif
Now there's a sales pitch if I ever heard one.

I've heard some bad things on the tires being new rght from the start, seem OK after they are scrubbed in.

I like Orange too
bowdown.gif

Have not seen the blue yet, it looks great in pics-orange for me though! My first time on these tires,can't exactly badmouth them, but the combination of new tires in general,cold weather and the brute power make for a dangerous situation.So if you get it, please be careful! I've had some pretty quick smaller bikes but you really gotta see for yourself what it's all about! I'm hooked! Some good deals to be had on 07's out there too!

my fingers Buzz after maybe an hours ride, bit like pins and needles, and your wrists will ache to start with. the Busa is not the most comfortable ride out there. You really need to do a long test ride

whatsatre.png
And lucky for you Safari, the Admin HAVE made it easy for noobs to communicate in a rather brief manner, welcome to the board, it's true what they have told you theres ALOT of info in here thanks to the veterans, in fact ( bit of ass kissin here) but all the knowledge I have gained here is what ultimately drove me to make my final decision on geting an 08 Busa, and with their advice and guidance it will be one mean nasty sum biatch!  
welcome.gif

Back