Looking to purchase a Gen II

Kyle's Busa

Registered
It's been almost 9 years since I've owned a busa. I wasn't a member of the forum back in the day unfortunatly. My last busa was a 2004 LE Lee's performance 1397. Enough about the past though.

I'm looking to get a Gen II busa is any year better than the other? IMHO I love the 2009 white/blue color. I have several spotted for around 8k with full exhaust/programmer and low miles. I know the new one's have ABS but is that really worth it? I don't care about warranty either or should I on the Gen II?

ABS is up to you...its handy but only have it on mine because it came as standard on the 13' Yellow bike.
If you ride in such a way that your pushing the limits of the tyres in all conditions them maybe its a good idea...in 2 years i've never needed mine....Brembo calipers do look well though.
White ones do look well, I had a white/red 12' model before the yellow.
Busa's are just that...they do what they do...gen 1 is great, gen 2 adds its own touches...can't say which i prefer...had 2 of each but the years are catching up on the gen 1 and getting a low mileage one isn't easy.

The first year models, 08's had a couple of minor recalls, nothing that would be of concern when fixed. Having owned both Gen I and II, I loved the 05, but the 09 is a whole different machine. I am still in love with my 09 after 6 years.

The only busa I've owned has ABS, so I'm perhaps a little biased. BUT, I've triggered mine countless times and it has probably saved my ass. Eventually it becomes confidence inspiring. I'm not as weary of braking hard when I need to. I'm sure I triggered it at least 3 times today, and that was just a 25 mile ride. (I was having some fun on some short empty roads.)

Back