Gen II 08 vs. Gen I 99-07

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
I keep seeing posts asking if something that fits/works on a Gen I will fit/work on a Gen II. How about we clear some of the fog and post up things that can't be used on the Gen II's. Most of the aftermarket stuff will work on either bike, but there are some things that wont unless modified. I think this would be a shorter list than a list of products that do work on both generations.

As an example: Obviously, since the subframe & tail on the Gen II's are different you can't use a Gen I undertail.

Lets start a list.

Gen I items that can't be used on the Gen II:

Gen I undertail
clear signal covers
wheels
tail
top tripple tree replacement
front brake calipers
PAIR mod or sucker mod

So are you saying that if you replaces the forks along with the front wheel and brakes the Gen II stuff will not work with the Gen I model if so I am bumed I was hopeing that next year I could find a front end from a Gen II to put on my Gen I

Nope, not saying that at all... Strictly mentioning Gen I -> to -> Gen II stuff not Gen II -> to -> Gen I

Your swap should work unless the fork tubes are spaced differently (wider/narrower)between Gen II & Gen I.

The Pazzo levers for Gen I appear to fit the Gen II model just fine.

I guess that list (Gen I stuff fitting on Gen II) could be a looooong list. Perhaps one could concentrate on the list of Gen I goodies that doesn't fit on Gen II, and all others are considered interchangeable between the two generations.

Apparently bolt on cans designed for GenI work on GenII - according to two UK manufacturers. However they are now supplying slip-ons with a link pipe cos it looks neater. I don't know if there are compatibility issues with slips ons.
Not so sure about the GenMar bar risers. Al supplier told me they would fit so I ordered the kit, then heard from GenMar that they are making 'minor' mods for the GenII. I will se if the GenI kist fits this weekend and post again.

The Pazzo levers for Gen I appear to fit the Gen II model just fine.

I guess that list (Gen I stuff fitting on Gen II) could be a looooong list. Perhaps one could concentrate on the list of Gen I goodies that doesn't fit on Gen II, and all others are considered interchangeable between the two generations.
spank.gif
corner2.png
That's why I created this thread... most items are interchangeable.

Lets see, so far, the Gen 1 TiForce 4-2-1 SS exhaust fits the 08 with just a spacer on the belly pan.

Gen 1 Clutch mod works, as does the Gen 1 Clutch covers. Clutch frictions are different for Gen2.
Gen 2 triple clamp that I make will fit on Gen 1 Bikes, the key area is just different.

he should fit fine since now his wallet would be smaller with the purchase of another busa  
beerchug.gif

cool.gif
but I heard that he has to get Gen II boots for the rear sets to work.

Back