Looking to buy a bluetooth phone

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
We just bought a couple of bluetooth enabled chatterbox's. The phones we have under our current plan are not bluetooth enabled and we still have a while to go on the contract. So i'm looking on ebay for us cellular bluetooth phones. From what I hear, the razor's have bluetooth problems, has anyone else had problems with this? Any help would be appriciated, I'm not familiar with the high end phones........I like it when they say FREE!

I use a bluetooth headset and have used SEVERAL different ones in the past. They actually don't work really well. I mean they get the job done, but the quality isn't that great.

I have never paired my phone to a chatterbox, but my wife and I both use our Razors and bluetooth every day without problems.

I use to have problems with my motorola bluetooth headset and bluetooth phone(Razor), bought a lg and havent had a problem since

I have never had an issue with the bluetooth in my Razr...In fact its the best phone I have ever owned.

Just my 2 cents.

Jim

You could help us give better suggestions if you tell us who your carrier is. Each carrier has their own collection of phones for the choosing. Most new phones are BlueTooth now.

You could help us give better suggestions if you tell us who your carrier is.  Each carrier has their own collection of phones for the choosing.  Most new phones are BlueTooth now.
Its in his post US Cellular.. Helps if you read..
poke.gif

jump9.gif

anything LG is good!! ive had my share of motorola's and they have all been junk. i got my old man a motorola cell phone and the battery quit holding a charge after 3 months. bought him a new LG5400 and hasnt had a problem since. find an LG phone and you wont be disappointed!!

anything LG is good!!  ive had my share of motorola's and they have all been junk.  i got my old man a motorola cell phone and the battery quit holding a charge after 3 months.  bought him a new LG5400 and hasnt had a problem since.  find an LG phone and you wont be disappointed!!
I've got Verizon for service. One of their Sales reps told me to stay away from Motorola because they are low quality. Suggested LG or Samsung. I've got both and they both are great phones.

If you have cingular, I have a Razr you can borrow and see what you think for yourself. with car and house charger. plus I think I have the owners manual. I'm in Japan till 2010 so I have no immediate use for it.

anything LG is good!!  ive had my share of motorola's and they have all been junk.  i got my old man a motorola cell phone and the battery quit holding a charge after 3 months.  bought him a new LG5400 and hasnt had a problem since.  find an LG phone and you wont be disappointed!!
I've got Verizon for service.  One of their Sales reps told me to stay away from Motorola because they are low quality.  Suggested LG or Samsung.  I've got both and they both are great phones.
ive had just about every phone verizon has to offer and have finally settles on the htc ppc 6800. i had an lg phone for about a year with them and didnt have a single issue!! in fact, my old man used the phone for about 2 yrs after i was done with it. it got outdated so i bought him a new one.. back to the LG and he hasnt had a single issue yet with it!!!

I've got Verizon for service.  One of their Sales reps told me to stay away from Motorola because they are low quality.  Suggested LG or Samsung.  I've got both and they both are great phones.
ive had just about every phone verizon has to offer and have finally settles on the htc ppc 6800.  i had an lg phone for about a year with them and didnt have a single issue!!  in fact, my old man used the phone for about 2 yrs after i was done with it.  it got outdated so i bought him a new one..  back to the LG and he hasnt had a single issue yet with it!!!
Yep, will never use Motorola again.
beerchug.gif

I have the touch screen LG Voyager.. The phone is awesome and I have yet to have a single thing go wrong with it yet. I do a lot of texting and that is why I choose the Voyager. The touch screen is just a VERY nice added bonus..  
beerchug.gif

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

My razr works ok but the battery life goes from like 3 days to about 1 with bluetooth enabled...

I have verizon, use the living crap out of my treo, so while I have been eligible for an upgrade for a bit, I'm holding out for the new treo 800 due out this spring/summer.
cool.gif

As for blue tooth, there's a few types, v1.x and v2. Make sure your phone choice matches the device and then maybe check for compatibility with someone's phone before you invest into them. Is US Celluar a GSM provider? (sim card) If so, let me know.

While I loved my LG phones, who ever is looking at the voyager, be sure you get a screen protector because everyone I've seen the screen gets scratched easily/quickly
argue.gif

I use the LG EnV and this is my second one. I swear by the LG phones.
The blue tooth works well but not sure about the helmet pairing since I have not tried that yet. We will be buying those for our helmets for sure though.

Back