Bluetooth Lids/MP3/GPS/Cell Phones

jinks, dont do the phone in helmet, dont want to get a call with bad news while you're riding...

i got bad news once while standing at home and almost fainted, seriously lost balance.

jinks, dont do the phone in helmet, dont want to get a call with bad news while you're riding...

i got bad news once while standing at home and almost fainted, seriously lost balance.
oh don't worry...this isn't so i can "answer calls" while riding...it's primarily so i can bluetooth my lid to the mp3 player in my cellphone and intercom with 2nd up and chatter with other riders on the road ahead...but i may "make a call" myself from time to time...it's all in "The Use" of the item...whereby it could actually save yer azz by communicating with riders on the road ahead...and "HEARING" the sweet female voice instructions/directions of that next turn on your bluetoothed GPS.

Tunes?...Audible GPS Mapping Directions?....Riding Partner Intercom?....Chatter?...and all "Wireless"?....sign me up!
smile.gif

I'll answer the "Missed Calls" when i get back!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Hmm, that is a good point too!
not if ya don't intend to "answer" while you're riding...other than that?...you're just denying yourself the advantage of...

1. Bluetoothing the mp3 player in your cellphone for cool custom riding tunes.

2. recieving audible gps instructions...wirelessly...in your lid.

3. Intercoming with a 2nd rider.

4. Chattering with other riders.

5. or?..."MAKING".... a call (not taking a call) without having to pull over..stop...get off the bike or?...removing your lid...just...stop, call and go again.

with a lil brains and common sense?...it's all good.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this board. :beerchug:
Seems you've been looking around on the Cardo Scala Rider sets.

Me myself is (was) very interested in the Cardo Scala Rider Q2 until i read about the Q4. Do you know if it will support more than 3 riders simultaneously?

Have any of you used the Scala rider for multiple rider intension? It seems most discussions and primary usage are are:

Passenger -> Rider
Rider -> GPS
Rider -> Phone/MP3

I'm most interested in the Biker -> Multiple Bikers functionality.

Are there others of you who are as well? The Phone and MP3 features are nice, but not my primary intention.

I got the multiple rider to rider feature described quickly per phone talking to cardo support here from Sweden with a not so nice phone quality.
But if i understood it all correctly the Bike to Bikes feature works as:

Main headset => Primary Headset
Main headset => Secondary Headset
Primary => Secondary can not communicate.

The Primary headset has priority over the secondary. What if an conversation is in action between Main and Primary. Will the main set hear the secondary?

Is there any possibility that both Primary and Secondary can hear me at the same time or do I have to switch manually between primary and secondary?

As you can see, there are many questions regarding the bike to bike to bike intercom feature, but not so much information to be found.
I also heard that the Q4 headset will support up to four (4) bikes to communicate, can anyone confirm this?

If there are any soul out there who has used this 3-way feature on the Q2 headset, please let me know how it actually works.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Michael

I have a Nolan N-!02 Bluetooth module it works great with the garmin Zumo for mp3 and phone I want the n103 because of its upgrades. The Nolan is a good helmet and it has one of the most compact communication systems I've seen I love it.No good for the iphone bluetooth mp3 ok for the phone or with a multimedia wire.Get a Zumo550 it does it all.

I don't answer my phone while riding,the Zumo 550 has caller ID but that doesn't matter I won't answer.It did come in handy on a long tirp in order to communicate bike to bike.It also was help when one of our group got seperated.Remember always keep your phone on your person (not on the bike in compartment)just in case you get seperated from the bike in an emergency situation so you can call for help.

well?...sounds like great info Josh...and it appears that Nolans N-Com lid IS the way to go..thanks man...but i do question wether or not that flippy looking sunvisor rig will hold up to the occassional ludicrist high triples my busa sometimes does....remember...i broke a visor on my scorpion exo 700!
laugh.gif

anyways...tonights the night i have time available to upgrade my cellphone to a new bluetooth enabled mp3/gps cell...i'm looking at the following shortlist...

1. Venus

2. Voyager

3. Navigator

My selection is limited to cellphones currently offered by verizon...and any recomendations, insight, advice or opines are welcome...thanks folks and?...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I also have a Nolazn N-102 and have had it upto speed. No loss of either visor at 160+. I do not have the N-Com for it but have used a friends in my helmet. Nice set up. Hope that helps.

Does listening to mp3s take your mind off the road. you do need to hear the traffic as much as possible. don't get me wrong i love my music.cmt on as i type. its just one more distraction.

I have a Zumo 550, with Scala Rider Fm. IT works pretty good. Do some research as to what phones suck with bluetooth..Mine drops off alot, it is irritating. I'm gonna get a new phone too soon..:)

Just got that Scala Rider FM I love it. I have an Iphone and it pairs up easy and then I have a FM transmitter with a remote control. I just leave phone in the BUSA trunk and rock out. (I know I shouldn't be listening to tunes while riding, but I do so if you want to lecture me save it for somone else)

Back