Bluetooth headset for phone/gps what r u using? What would u recommend?

Busa1320

Registered
i'm looking to buy bluetooth to ride with. I am using my bike more as he daily driver these days and need it for work related calls and gps. also occasionally have the girlfriend with so intercom would be good. any suggestions? what is everyone using and would you recommend to friends? Thanks

I've personally used a Cardo Scala rider for a few years, finally got rid of that pos and went with a Sena SMH-10. Much much better quality overall and better sound . . .

I've personally used a Cardo Scala rider for a few years, finally got rid of that pos and went with a Sena SMH-10. Much much better quality overall and better sound . . .

I also used a Scala but it died after about 6 months it gets a :disagree: from me.

I use the Chatterbox X1 slim. It has a port so the wife can plug right in. I connect with Bluetooth to my phone so can listen to some tunes while I ride if I want. The range has been good so far, the most I've been able to notice is a little over a mile before losing the slower riders in the back of the pack.

What are you guys getting for range with the SMH10's for communication? I have the SMH5 and only getting about 100 yards on the snowmobile. It works great for GPS and phone though.

What are you guys getting for range with the SMH10's for communication? I have the SMH5 and only getting about 100 yards on the snowmobile. It works great for GPS and phone though.

Probably a mile or so. To tell you the truth I'm not sure, the couple guys I ride with that all have them ride fairly close. I've only had an issue once and that was in the twisties and one guy was way behind and we couldn't talk to him.
I honestly can't fault the system at all. It's no Autocom as far as range, but I could buy 15 Senas and give them to all my friends for the price of one Autocom

Got a pair of Sena SMH5's for Christmas. Seem to work pretty well when testing, but haven't used on the road. You can pair with GPS or phone, depending on how you plan to use navigation. Been using Waze for IPhone and really like the app. Get voice directions and listen to music on phone. Haven't paired with my Garmin, but pretty sure it is a simple process if you plan to go that route. Not sure if you can pair both GPS and phone at same time- haven't tried.

Was a little disappointed with the music sound quality of my SMH5's in my Scorpion helmet. Planned to use the Sena's mostly for communicating, but you also have the ability to listen to music from a paired device as well as using for telephone or intercom.

For the price and quality, its going to be hard to beat Sena.

it depends on how much you want to spend...i personally have the Autocom Super Pro Automatic w/ Garmin Zumo 660 and a good two-way radio but i spend a lot of time on the road...you can have directions, communication with all other riders with compatible sytems, private conversations with your passenger, phone call capabilities, and music plus it's all hard-wired and powered by the bike...i would definitely recommend this to my friends if they have an actual need for it, top quality but is going to run you about $1500 for everything except a compatible cell phone

My better half and I use the SMH10 headset as well and we both love its ease of use. To be fair I have no experience with other makes to compare to. I ordered the ear bud base for mine so I can block a bit of wind noise and listen to music at lower volumes. Also makes it a lot easier to understand phone calls above 130 miles an hour lol. On a side note if anyone else has opted for the ear bud base I'd suggest putting a ring of epoxy around the headphone jack, as it looks and feels like it wouldn't be up to the higher wind speeds some of us put the through. Cheers

Sena 10 for me! I love it, no wires to contend with. Battery life is exceptional. Best investment ever.

Back