Looking for Restoration Ideas

If you want to stay Pre GS1150 and do it on a budget then the 83 GS1100E (or ES) is about as good as it gets. If you are lucky enough to find a 1983 Katana 1100 you'd be in heaven!

That's what I want when I'm done! :thumbsup:

Have looked and not found anything on the limited edition notion. Anyone have any other ideas or thoughts?

scour craigslist.. it took me about three weeks to find it.. and it still wasn't in as good of condition as I'd like.. but it's doable! I'll be dropping gear off at the powder coaters next week!! :)

Also.. don't get to picky.. just find one that looks restorable. with the older bikes, there's a lot that you can do and none of it costs nearly as much as modding the hayabusa (unless you get into true classics). Plus.. it'll end up saving you money, because you work on it all weekend and don't have time to waste money on other stuff.

Also: here is the for sale section from the forum i use (another very helpful group of guys) - http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Last edited:
Also.. don't get to picky.. just find one that looks restorable. with the older bikes, there's a lot that you can do and none of it costs nearly as much as modding the hayabusa (unless you get into true classics). Plus.. it'll end up saving you money, because you work on it all weekend and don't have time to waste money on other stuff.

Also: here is the for sale section from the forum i use (another very helpful group of guys) - For Sale - Road-ready bikes - The GSResource Forums

Not in a rush at all. Have already been checking Craigslist, Cycle Trader and eBay to find something and there just really haven't been that many available in the 750, 850, 1000, 1100 series of either Suzuki or Honda. Even included bikes all the way back to 75 with little success. Saying that though there are a few that I am looking at. Don't want to rush into it and get the wrong thing so I'll take my time.

Have also visited the 'GSResources' site (see a few h.org members over there) and found lots of good info. So much so that I have already designed the look of the bike in my mind.

Last edited:
Saw that one, but don't want to drive that far. Have a few leads and continue checking Craigslist everyday. Thankfully there is no rush to get this one done since it is just a project.

I was thinking you'd love to restore my Mustang...I'd let you drive it of course, once your done...around the block :laugh:

Ohhhh, you mean another bike...wow, who would have ever guessed? :rofl:

Alright have kind of narrowed the scope to 4 choices because I can't see me puttin' around on a small bike, so here we go:

Suzuki GS1000
Suzuki GS750
Honda CB750
Kawasaki KZ1000

Now I just need to find one.

I was thinking you'd love to restore my Mustang...I'd let you drive it of course, once your done...around the block :laugh:

Ohhhh, you mean another bike...wow, who would have ever guessed? :rofl:

You were working on that restore last summer. Figured you would have finished what you were going to do to that car. :whistle:

Thinking maybe I'm just a wanna be Jay Leno. :laugh:

You were working on that restore last summer. Figured you would have finished what you were going to do to that car. :whistle:

Thinking maybe I'm just a wanna be Jay Leno. :laugh:

Well, I don't have a Roush motor yet :whistle: :poke:

I'm thinking you're well on your way to being Jay :bowdown:

Go for the first CB 750 or the very rare CB 350 4 cyl Hondas or the first speed bike Kawi triple 500

I found this gem (in my eyes anyway) about 7 years ago. It will be my next project after my KZ is complete. 1972 Husqvarna 450WR in almost mint condition.

oldhusky.JPG

I found this gem (in my eyes anyway) about 7 years ago. It will be my next project after my KZ is complete. 1972 Husqvarna 450WR in almost mint condition.

Looks like fun. I tried this before with a couple of autos, but wasn't confident in the engine work. I figure this will give me an inexpensive way to tear it apart and try to fix it. If I can't it's much easier to take somewhere to get it done.

Back