Project Maggie Mae - A Restoration Thread

Shaft is so clean/maintenance free though.. :laugh:

Oh yeah, oil in the final drive. Oil in the middle gear. Everytime I flip a page in the service manual it says something about changing oil. On the flipside, when setup correctly everything I have read says there are no worries.

The really funny thing will be a topspeed of only 110 MPH. :laugh:

110mph now that's funny.. :rofl: I like the shaft drive on the Beemer.. I will give her a little TLC this winter for first time in 3 yrs other than oil changes.. :thumbsup:

110mph now that's funny.. :rofl: I like the shaft drive on the Beemer.. I will give her a little TLC this winter for first time in 3 yrs other than oil changes.. :thumbsup:

Hope mine is as reliable!

Haven't posted any updates in a while, but as she stands now the frame has been painted along with the lower triple tree and upper triple tree clamps. Upper triple tree, centerstand, sidestand and swingarm are being redone since I got in too much of a rush. Have also got the forks pretty well polished up, so hopefully I can start reassembling the front end by the weekend since my new handlebars and grips have come in. Once that's done I'll finish up the wheels and final drive and start rebuilding the engine, cleaning up the forks and designing the seat. Hopefully she will be done in time for the Bash.

:thumbsup: Looks like a great winter Project man i built a 76 honda Cb750 into a cafe racer a couple years back and it was a fun project never went to the extent that you are here but they are a fun bike once you shave all that weight off of them and get to rippin on them. never road mine much so a buddy of mine bought it and has been riding the snot outta it.

I've got a build in mind for my new 02 busa as you can see in the sig i may do a build thread here sometime. :beerchug:

Would love to have your build thread. Berserk was a big inspiration for Midnight though I didn't take her to the level you did. The Triple will be fun and help me understand the inner workings better. I wanted a CB, but couldn't find one at a good starting point. Will keep me busy and out of trouble. :whistle:

Latest news - upper triple clamp, headlight bucket and gauge support bracket are painted. Took the carbs apart and got them cleaned real well and painted the bodies. Started polishing the covers, but have not finished yet. Gonna try and get the front end mocked up this weekend and if so I'll take and post some pics.

thats cool heres my build from last year, i wanted it to look like it had just been pulled out of a barn and original, its a cb 500

62622.jpg

62623.jpg

thats cool heres my build from last year, i wanted it to look like it had just been pulled out of a barn and original, its a cb 500

62622.jpg

62623.jpg

That's nice! I think I put too many requirements on the project and limited my bike options. I wanted at least a 750 engine, dual front brakes and chain drive. Spoke wheels would have been nice because of the look. Was only able to get 2 out of 3 with this bike, but I think my next project will be a CB.

Back