Project Maggie Mae - A Restoration Thread

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Well, over the last couple of months I have been contemplating the notion of restoring a vintage motorcycle. Asked for some help from everyone here on this thread: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/96418-looking-restoration-ideas-3.html and lots of great ideas. Came across a good deal about a week ago and picked up a 1977 Yamaha XS750 with complete parts bike, spare motor and lots of extra parts. She is torn down now and ready for rebuild as a cafe racer. Hope to have her complete by spring or early summer. Here's a couple pics to wet the appetite and I'll keep you updated on how she's progressing.

Codename for this project is Maggie Mae. :laugh:

Maggie Mae (26 Oct 08) - 22R.jpg

Maggie Mae (26 Oct 08) - 21R.jpg

Maggie Mae (26 Oct 08) - 17R.jpg

Here's what she looks like minus a few key pieces today.

Maggie Mae (02 Nov 08) - 1R.jpg

And here's a few pics of what I'm hoping to get her to looking like.

1973 CB350 - 3.jpg

b15ab4b282fd3ec1b5ce1217539cec03.jpg

Wow, that looks like a great project. I look forward to you posting pict of your progress!!:thumbsup:

Thanks, fellas. If the weather cooperates I plan to have the frame, swingarm, centerstand, sidestand and possily wheels all painted this weekend and I should be able to get some good pics.

welcome to the club :) I love the look of the clubmans on those 750s. Keep us updated, and let me know if you're trying to find any hard parts for the cafe racers.. I've found some random hookups for cafe racer parts.

welcome to the club :) I love the look of the clubmans on those 750s. Keep us updated, and let me know if you're trying to find any hard parts for the cafe racers.. I've found some random hookups for cafe racer parts.

Will do. Not many cafe racer Triples out there and everything seems to be geared towards the Honda CBs. Think the seat will be the hardest to get and ensure proper fit.

Oh i'm sure it will be sweet, The shaft drive could get interesting though.. :laugh:

Interesting that you would say that because I wanted to get a chain drive. Don't do it very often, but like to have the flexibility to adjust the size of the sprockets. I can do a chain drive conversion though, so we'll see.

Back