Looking For New Bike

PBiddy412

Registered
Okay, first off I'm 20. I been on a 2000 Suzuki Bandit 600s for a year and I want to move up. I learned how to ride on this bike actually. I've always admired the Hayabusa like many others have and am interested in getting one. I'm also looking at the liter bikes too around cc1000. Would this be to big a jump for me? I also might add I am scheduled for the MSF class either next week or in 2 weeks lol can't quite remember due to fact I had to sign up about 2 months ago because they book fast (Free in PA). Have to check when it is again. Anyways, I was just looking for suggestions with the info I have given you. I definitely don't want to come to an early grave, but I do want to experiment and enjoy the power and ride of these bigger bikes. Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Welcome to the board.
cool.gif
Good idea on taking the course. My first street bike was a CBR 600. It was a great bike and I rode it for over two years putting over 30000 miles on it. I then made the jump upto the Busa. I also grew up riding dirtbikes. Start with calling your Insurance co. and see what kind of rates you can get on other bikes. That may make up your mind for you.

I aslo came from a 600 when I bought my Busa. The busa is like anyother bike it will only go as fast as you want it to. Take it easy, definately take the MSF course, and make sure you can afford the insurance!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the board...
biggrin.gif

...If you like the busa, get it!! Its fast, its stunning and it looks good!!
...Liter bike or the Busa, be sure you to have good throtle control ... and keep the rubber side down
wink.gif

No matter what you ride the first thing to do once you throw a leg over is to put your brain in gear & make sure its attached to your right wrist.

Don't know about other insurance companies but my agent said that taking the safety course will help with insurance rates.

Goo luck.

Thanks for the advice everyone and the welcomes to the board.

My insurance shouldn't be to bad. I was good as a kid and took everything thing to get it lowered. I get a good student discount, they insurance companies program I took to get a discount, I took drivers theory for a discount, and now I'll be taking the MSF which is another discount so I'm not worried to much about the insurance. I'm worried about financing a 10,000 dollar bike though. Been relooking everything, not sure I could afford it right now!

<!--EDIT|PBiddy412
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120271144 -->

the bike is prolly easier than insurance on some I've seen quotes as high as 4400 a year and I'm 33 y/o welcome the board and enjoy whatever you decide

PDiddy412
Get one,you won't be disappointed.
And then head a little North for a day or so in Northern Vt.
I'll show you a " Busa " trick or two.
And the best part for you is ,you only have to watch how it's done.

i have a cbr 600 and am making the switch to a busa. Have rode many different types of bike. I have noticed its all in the wrist, and ride within your limits.

Thanks for the advice guys. I can't believe how well this forum is. It is true this is the maturist forum out there and I like it. I been reading lots of threads on this site and its true. Anyways, been talking to Jetset, so we'll see where I go from here. Thanks again all.

My insurance shouldn't be to bad.
ahh i see you havent gotten a quote yet...im bout like you 24 been driving for 8 yrs not accidents or tickets on my record and my insurance is 60 bucks cheaper than my bike payment and thats only cause i have my car insured through the same company... Id also buy a used bike why pay an extra 8-900 bucks in taxes not to mention first year depreciation. My bike is an 01 and in about 4 months ill owe less than what its worth so when i wreck it for good ill get money back. I also heard all kinds of busa horror stories when i was shopping for my bike like if you touch the throttle it will throw you like a rag doll well not true the busa is a lot more forgiving...but if you fug around too much it will throw you
blush.gif
. Let us know what and when you get even if it aint a busa...lots of info on other bikes here too

Back