Looking at Icon Airframe Carbon RR Helmet 3xl

bigjack7679

Registered
I'm In the market for a new helmet and this really caught my eye. i'm looking at the blue one as my bike is blue. I like the red and black one too. Reduced from $515 to $387. Any thoughts on Icon?

See details at Revzilla.

Icon Airframe Carbon RR Helmet - RevZilla

ICON’s ever expanding line of Carbon Fiber helmets has grown with the addition of the Airframe Carbon RR. A ruthless commitment to excellence is how Icon approached the Airframe Carbon RR. The shell itself is handcrafted with a Carbon Fiber/Kevlar/Spectra construction with ICON’s proprietary molding technology. This technology ensures structural integrity while minimizing weight. Zero distortion fog-free optics, Hydradry wicking interior, and conforming to multi-continent World Safety standards complete the overall package. Externally, strong, geometric warpaint adorns the Carbon shell to highlight the inherent strength beneath. The Airframe Carbon RR - engineered for total victory.

Features:
DOT and ECE22.05 approved
Carbon Fiber/Kevlar/Spectra shell construction
Weighs approximately 1450 grams in size medium (+/-50 grams)
Medium Oval Headform
Wind tunnel tested and refined
Multiple oversized intake and exhaust ports
Removble molded breath deflector reduces shield fogging
Quick-change fog-free Proshield with sideplates
Fully removable/washable HydraDry interior
Rear spoiler for reduced helmet buffeting
Prolock secure shield locking system
Removable chin curtain

Note: Helmet ships with both Clear and Dark Smoke face shields.

1.jpg

icon 4.jpg

icon_carbon_rr_blue 4.jpg

icon_helmet_ red.jpg

icon 3.jpg

I like my icon design, after a bit less than a year the visor doesn't stay all the way shut anymore. It's had one drop about couch level onto carpet, and I don't know if I'm paranoid but it seems like that's when it stopped sealing. Bit noisy, but with all that I still don't find it necessary to buy a new lid.

Mine is the alliance design.

I believe most of theirs come with a clear and tinted visor, pretty cool since they don't have that flip down one.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the blue one. I hope it fits this big head of mines.

Yeah I had a Hayabusa air frame edition and I gotta agree StrtRac3r. It looked cool but form and function was terrible. The visor tension wore out very quickly and I didn't even mess with it constantly?? I like to keep it cracked so air comes thru on hot days. Soon as I hit the gas on my busa the wind wound slam it shut. The snap broke off the tension strap so I had 2 tuck the excess up in my helmet so the tail wasn't flapping all around :banghead: I'd say the worst of it was how much outside noise came in thru the helmet. I finally got fed up and bought Bell and ALL the issues went away....

They look great don't get me wrong but if your a rider who actually rides and I mean not just putting around town trying 2 look cute Icon isn't up 2 snuff IMO

Yeah I had a Hayabusa air frame edition and I gotta agree StrtRac3r. It looked cool but form and function was terrible. The visor tension wore out very quickly and I didn't even mess with it constantly?? I like to keep it cracked so air comes thru on hot days. Soon as I hit the gas on my busa the wind wound slam it shut. The snap broke off the tension strap so I had 2 tuck the excess up in my helmet so the tail wasn't flapping all around :banghead: I'd say the worst of it was how much outside noise came in thru the helmet. I finally got fed up and bought Bell and ALL the issues went away....

They look great don't get me wrong but if your a rider who actually rides and I mean not just putting around town trying 2 look cute Icon isn't up 2 snuff IMO

I hope I don't have any of those issues. Thanks for sharing your issues with the helmet

Yeah, please let us know how you like it once you get a chance to put some miles on it. Really like the look of the helmet shape, design, and graphics.

Good news. This helmet looks amazing and is light as I have seen. I mean I love it. I think it's worth anybody given it a try for the price

Bad news. My dreads and head are just to much for it to fit properly. There is just a little too much pressure on my forehead. I like the helmet so much I actually thought about cutting my hair.

Looks like I will be trying the arai defiant.

Back