Long ride/overnight essentials

I forgot.. Gallon-sized ziploc freezer bags make excellent waterproof packing for clothes. I can get a few shirts into one and squeeze the air out.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk and furious fingers

I have kept ziplock bags in my trunk for so long I forgot to mention them. You are correct they are great to use and keep handy on the bike.

Also bought a cool vest and am excited to test it out.

Where we are going....there are no Motels! :cheerleader:

Oh, I camp a lot of the time as well. Although camping for me usually means finding a flat turnout, or rest stop :laugh:

IMG_0473.JPG

I was curious about sleeping in rest stops. Do ya get harassed?

I have never been harassed and have done it many times. I also sleep in turn-offs on the side of the road and BLM/National Park lands a lot as well. As far as rest stops, they are for resting, so I don't see what the concern would be. Any good cop should be more concerned over a fatigued motorcyclist on the road than sleeping at a rest stop. Only time I have been questioned was sleeping off the side of I-25 at a ranch exit down south. After explaining to the trooper I had almost fallen asleep riding and made a decision to pull of the next stop and rest, he was cool with that.

:rofl: lots of good laughs in this thread. I`m with jphilipson and traveling light and was just going to `like` his post...but I dont want nothing to do with no `tights`:rofl:
toothbrush for sure....dont want no xactly..or stinky breff

:laugh:..thanks for the clarification jphilipson....I beginning to wonder if that was you try`n to cool down in the mankini...just kidding....them undergarments look worthy of giving a try..thanks for the link.

honestly you have a pretty good list going but one thing I have done in the past is to go to walmart and buy some cheap underwear/tshirts/socks in like a 3 pack. Then I pack those and when they are done, they go in the trash. I'll take a set or two of "nice" shorts/shirts that I can wear once I am somewhere but when I'm riding most of the day the cheapy stuff works. I'm pretty positive you can find a wally world every 3 or 4 days on your trip :thumbsup:

Sure makes the whole doing laundry, having a week+ of clean stuff a whole lot less of an issue :laugh:

zip ties/duct tape
wet wipes (for the helmet shield, and wiping down butt/pits, etc.)
weapon
spare key
fuses
this doohickey (in case of a rear flat, or lubing the chain)
P9300001C.jpg

You prefer them over Bicycle shorts? I know they have padding in them.

Yes, very much so. Bicycle shorts also have seams in the seating area around those pads that kill your arse after a few hundred miles. Nothing I have ever tried comes close to LDcomforts for long distance riding. There is a reason 99% of the folks in the LD riding community wear them :)

I will have to look into getting a pair and trying them out.

Zip ties are always good to have. Wet wipes sound like a good idea also. I almost forgot spare key... man how could i forget that.

zip ties/duct tape
this doohickey (in case of a rear flat, or lubing the chain)
P9300001C.jpg

I made my own quick stand - just a piece of hollow tube, with a rubber chair leg tip on it. Cost about $1 for the package of chair leg tips - I already had some hollow metal tube laying about.

Jphilipson, when we gonna go riding? Or at least grab lunch. I work the Greater Denver Metro?

I'm gonna post a ride in the CO Wy area to see about a meet up also

Jphilipson, when we gonna go riding? Or at least grab lunch. I work the Greater Denver Metro?

I'm gonna post a ride in the CO Wy area to see about a meet up also

I'm always up for a ride, but I work mon-fri 9-5, so it's weekends for me. A group of us did a Poudre Canyon/Snowy Range ride in June when WY 130 opened. I've actually done a number of rides on NoCo so far this year, but always up for another. Do you work weekends? That's usually the best time for me.

hmm, not sure where I went to:laugh: but the last time away from home I had nothing for my contact lens / eye juice...dont forget them if ya need `em.

hmm, not sure where I went to:laugh: but the last time away from home I had nothing for my contact lens / eye juice...dont forget them if ya need `em.

Well, if you couldn't see, how would you know where you went? :laugh: - And you're in Nebraska anyway, so where ever you went it all looks the same anyway!

Back