Long ride/overnight essentials

Gpmo

Registered
Well I went shopping last night and got the rest of what I think I need. What do you think.

Busa of course
Saddle bags
Tank bags
20 degree sleeping bag
Backpacking tent.
Self inflating backpacking mat
Tire repair kit.
Fix a flat
Pillow
Small chair fold up
First aid kit
Headphones
Ear plugs
Extra pegs
Towel
Clothes

I feel like I am missing something. Going on my first overnight/multiple night trip and want to be prepared.

Well I went shopping last night and got the rest of what I think I need. What do you think.

Busa of course
Saddle bags
Tank bags
20 degree sleeping bag
Backpacking tent.
Self inflating backpacking mat
Tire repair kit.
Fix a flat
Pillow
Small chair fold up
First aid kit
Headphones
Ear plugs
Extra pegs
Towel
Clothes

I feel like I am missing something. Going on my first overnight/multiple night trip and want to be prepared.

Toilet paper
Something to plug the headphones into
My multi-tool got a lot of work before I lost it. I need to replace it.
I scrapped the pillow and just use a sweatshirt, jacket, or boot. If you have room, have at it.
A kit with wrenches, sockets, and allen wrenches in the commonly-used sizes. If you're lucky, you'll not use them much. If you're less lucky, you'll learn what other tools you need to add to this list in the future.
Sometimes I carry spare headlight bulbs. Depends on where I'm headed and the likelihood of passing a Wal-Mart or auto parts store.

Clothes
iPod
Cell Phone and Charger
Map
GPS
Aspirin
Immodium AD (ask me how I know this..)

and most importantly...

CAMERA :beerchug:

Extra clutch and front brake lever,

Hose repair kit

forget fix a flat and get the repair kit with the compressor.. If your bike is already wired for battery tender, connection is all set, if not it's a quick install for the connector.

Tools

I am curious about the imodium ad actually.

I have the iPhone and a nice camera on a laniard. Didn't think of the advil/aspirin at all. I have the stock tool kit, would this be effective enough? I do need to get a plug to charge my stuff.

I'm lucky that I will be meeting up with Russ1100cc for this trip and he has a bit of experience. :p. I will get to change my sig to "hi I'm Paul and I camped in russ's backyard".

Credit Card

I pack very light myself. I wear LDrider tights or shorts under my riding pants when I ride. So I pack a pair of lightweight pants and a shirt that is easy to clean when I travel. everything I have a can wash in a motel sink at night and it will be dry by the morning.

Yo breaf stank! Don't forget a toothbrush... :laugh:

Maybe a rain suit. Extra gloves in case your first pair gets soaked.
Special batteries or a charger if your camera needs them.
A small flashlight with good batteries.
Is your luggage waterproof? You may want a few garbage bags to keep your stuff dry and for dirty clothes.
Some walkin' around shoes or sandals.

Take some metric allen wrenches and a flat blade screwdriver on top of the stock toolkit.

Oh, and take some cash. There are still a few little out of the way places that don't take plastic.

Credit Card

I pack very light myself. I wear LDrider tights or shorts under my riding pants when I ride. So I pack a pair of lightweight pants and a shirt that is easy to clean when I travel. everything I have a can wash in a motel sink at night and it will be dry by the morning.

I actually don't have a credit card. Never believed in them. Also don't have any pants do have my chaps though.

Good list of stuff. You can pick up a siphon hose at your local auto parts store. Bought one the other day for $6.

And Plexus. :lol:

153_5304.jpg

153_5304.jpg

Soap and powder so ya don't get monkey butt :lol:

sent from Bama using tapatalk

Back