3000 miles

StrtRac3r

Registered
So I'm not trying to go too long. Got 2 weeks and 3000 total miles to go. I'm doing about 1300 miles each way with some riding in Colorado where I'm staying. Looking for last minute tips, kickstand is up at 7am. Ill be camping on the way too. Here's what's loaded up.

I have my personal gear and rain protection
Backpacking tent
Sleeping pad
Backpacking stove (gotta have coffee)
Light sleeping bag
Clothes and personal crap
Bike half cover (for rain)
Tools and tire plugs
Folding stool
Flashlight
Water

Any advise on some stuff I'm missing. Or tips? It's not a major undertaking. About 450 miles a day. 2 nights 3 days.

Dont forget your chargers, CO2 bottles or air pump with tire plugs. Other than that , you have a pretty basic list. 3000 miles in two weeks is easily doable. Take lots of pictures please!

Something to put under your kickstand when at the campsite so that it won't sink into the ground. A smashed soda can will do, if you forget!

Thanks, added the tinted visor because my clear ones on. Just gotta get a pump on the way.

image-3548095691.jpg

all loaded up, have a couple mounts for the gopro too.

image-1524401444.jpg

image-3548095691.jpg

twotonevert said:
Whats for supper?

My best weapon for hunting is being friendly lol. I had top ramen for my camp stove. But a great camping neighbor brought over chicken kabobs, yellow rice, and a cookie. Lol

I've always wondered about how do you long haul guys deal with the dreaded chain maintenance issue while travelling?? I've thought about bringing a tiny spray bottle with Kerosene, rags and lube but I dunno.

Hayabusawannabe said:
I've always wondered about how do you long haul guys deal with the dreaded chain maintenance issue while travelling?? I've thought about bringing a tiny spray bottle with Kerosene, rags and lube but I dunno.

I just put on a new zzz and some extra lube. Ill clean it here. But I just arrived in Colorado. I don't have the gopro pics yet but here are some I tool along the way.

image-861246096.jpg

image-910752146.jpg

image-2164428983.jpg

image-853433362.jpg

image-861246096.jpg

We, or I, usually never clean the chain on a long ride, just lube every morning and go. You can be meticulous about it, but as long as there is plenty of lube on there and the chain does not dry out, you should be good, especially lube if you ride in the rain alot.

Back