Lol at my insurance

Age, place of residence and violations are the most determinig factors. I used to live on the city and liability only was like a few hudred, but a full coverage was about 1500. I moved into suburbs, and now full coverage is a bit more than 500/year.

I'd say your best bet would be to buy a used one which is less expensive in the first place, and carry a liability only until your points expire. For a new one, you will get raped.

At this time of year, you can find a good deal on a used one.

for once im glad i live in nd my 08 busa with full coverage 1000 deduct 100/300 medical property damage the workes $190.06 a year my 03 busa same coverages $99.62 a year. im 25 home owner and single they really droped when i turned 25 the 08 droped $400 alone

39 single no tickets or points in over 18years. Progressive $65/year for liability on my '03 I don't carry full coverage because it's paid for. with your age and driving history your best bet is to wait until the points are gone or buy a used one and pay cash. just my .02:whistle:

Check out Esurance as well! They do M/C insurance through a company called American Modern insurance. Very good rates on M/C insurance. I couldn't do State Farm as I have nothing else insured with them.

For sure looking at used, it was for an 06. Just gotta check other options and see coverage. I can go comprehensive and make sure if something happens it was a raccoon in the road or something, hopefully the medical coverage starts at work, and trying to get a hold of state farm soon. right nows the best time to find a used one so im keeping my eyes on the market

For sure looking at used, it was for an 06. Just gotta check other options and see coverage. I can go comprehensive and make sure if something happens it was a raccoon in the road or something, hopefully the medical coverage starts at work, and trying to get a hold of state farm soon. right nows the best time to find a used one so im keeping my eyes on the market

If you hit a raccoon when moving it would not be covered by comprehensive. Check out Esurance like I mentioned above.. you may be surprised at what they quote you. For me it was less than half of what Progressive or Geico wanted to charge.

oh no my friend, mine is insured with USAA directly. I've been a member since ugh, for over 20yrs and I guess am grandfathered in :thumbsup: They tried to say no to insuring my first bike, a ninja 250r but then when threatened with pulling all of the family coverages (several homes, cars, etc) they relented and covered it. Since then each bike was a simple phone call to get coverage :thumbsup:

I know for sure they are covering mine as the policy paperwork does not mention any other companies :beerchug:

That's VERY interesting as I have been a USAA member for over 20 years also, but not a bike until recently. I think I may have to have a talk with them. They must not be adding policies but renewing....Just saw post 2 posts down (after 2003); well, that explains things....

Last edited:
"I have one other company that is sometimes competitive too that I can check with, if you really get serious."

You said this was with Progressive, however this statement leads me to believe you are actually going through an independent agency that sub contracts to Progressive.

Try another IA agent down the road and let them run some figures with different insurance groups to see if they come up with some different companies and rates~!~

Allright,I love insurance threads...:laugh:

Beat this..

28/male/married/ credit score=802 last time checked- no tickets, ever

full coverage-100/300/100

08-Bking=$289 a year
08Busa=$259 a year

Its great to live in Iowa:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Insured with State Farm- I dont have the house with them either and no multi bike discount. only thing with them is truck, another bike, life insurance

2006 Hayabusa, full coverage 100/300/100 - $500 deductible

38 Years old and married with no tickets and no accidents, have cars and house insurad with them as wel.

$198.82/year.

That's VERY interesting as I have been a USAA member for over 20 years also, but not a bike until recently. I think I may have to have a talk with them. They must not be adding policies but renewing....Just saw post 2 posts down (after 2003); well, that explains things....

yeah but its a grandfathered policy, I could go buy a new bike tomorrow and they will write the policy :thumbsup:

If you have the right discussions, no tellin, maybe they would bend a rule for a member of long/good standing. I know the first bike took my father threatening leaving with all of the family business to get them to insure it. A phone call never hurts :thumbsup:

2006 Hayabusa, full coverage 100/300/100 - $500 deductible

38 Years old and married with no tickets and no accidents, have cars and house insurad with them as wel.

$198.82/year.

Very nice my friend,that is a great price

FK Insurance co.:whistle: they are all nothing but leagelized thieves... All insurances.
its nothing but gambling. Most the time you lose.

FK Insurance co.:whistle: they are all nothing but leagelized thieves... All insurances.
its nothing but gambling. Most the time you lose.

I would tend to agree with you regarding health insurance, but auto insurance is normally pretty cut and dry. State Farm has a great reputation for paying up immediately.

And to be honest Aetna has been good to me on health care too. I think you're going to find that there are sharks in any industry, and your best bet is to avoid them by doing your homework ahead of time.

USAA would never cover anyone living in NJ (motorcycle coverage) :moon: I ended up going through a local brocker that only supports motorcycle policies and also supports local race track teams. I figured if I was going to fork over money it might as well go to a company involved in motorcycle racing. Everything else insured is through USAA.

I had Progressive they wanted 1800 a year went to State farm 400 and change,

34 married no points.

God, I can't wait till all of my tickets fall off my record in 6 months. I pay 224 a month for full coverage on my 'Busa.

Back