Lol at my insurance

Doesn't USAA go through Progressive?

possibly USAA is a branch of Progressive, but USAA is military only I believe, unless they've changed. I used them when I was active but SF was cheaper for me.

Last edited:
Holy Schnit man - you better jump on that!! :rofl: Oh, and why decline towing? ???

Dude.....do you even have a license? Seems you'd need at least 20 tickets to warrant a premium rate like that!

lol, that aint me dude. i've never had anything less than a 750.
i am surprised they sold him $10k medical.
state farm won't sell it to me, and i'm 44

(zukracer) USAA does not insure motorcycles; they have a deal with progressive (who is very high); I insure everything except my bikes with USAA.

State Farm is great, as long as you insure your home and your automobiles with them.

Geico gave me the best rates for motorcycles (only).

(zukracer) USAA does not insure motorcycles; they have a deal with progressive (who is very high); I insure everything except my bikes with USAA.

State Farm is great, as long as you insure your home and your automobiles with them.

Geico gave me the best rates for motorcycles (only).

all i have is a mc with sf
i pay $40 a month:beerchug:
but i've had 3 losses since '03, and they may can me in april:banghead:

Allright,I love insurance threads...:laugh:

Beat this..

28/male/married/ credit score=802 last time checked- no tickets, ever

full coverage-100/300/100

08-Bking=$289 a year
08Busa=$259 a year

Its great to live in Iowa:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Insured with State Farm- I dont have the house with them either and no multi bike discount. only thing with them is truck, another bike, life insurance

Last edited:
all i have is a mc with sf
i pay $40 a month:beerchug:
but i've had 3 losses since '03, and they may can me in april:banghead:

It must be a state thing. State Farm in TN would not insure bikes only....

state farm here also. 23 no points, great credit, still live at rents so my coverage limits arent that high but its in my own name. full coverage 456/yr

oh no my friend, mine is insured with USAA directly. I've been a member since ugh, for over 20yrs and I guess am grandfathered in :thumbsup: They tried to say no to insuring my first bike, a ninja 250r but then when threatened with pulling all of the family coverages (several homes, cars, etc) they relented and covered it. Since then each bike was a simple phone call to get coverage :thumbsup:

I know for sure they are covering mine as the policy paperwork does not mention any other companies :beerchug:

Good luck with the search and read the fine print because sometimes we do get exactly what we pay for

$600/year for full coverage on my 02 with State Farm, no medical. My record is okay. I also have my house and truck insured with them. I'm now 29 and single (oof!).

I called up just having my permit for full coverage on a Busa in Central New Jersey...

Geico wanted $4k a year.
Progressive wanted $2k a year.
and most others wouldn't insure me, including "Rider" until I had my license. I went w/ Progressive. Just keep shopping around.

State Farm here and 700 annually. 35 and single no points. bike policy only with them. my car would double if i use state farm. dont get that but bike was cheapest for Maryland at SF

You should be able to find a finance co that will not require full cov ins.
If you can, finance it and MAKE SURE YOU GET GAP on it.
Gap coverage covers the diff in what you may owe the finance co and what bike is worth
if it is stolen or declared a total loss. Then you can get the cheapest policy with the things you need.
I too got a quote from Geico for like a million bucks. No way.
Fl does not require Ins on bikes even if you finance them.

oh no my friend, mine is insured with USAA directly. I've been a member since ugh, for over 20yrs and I guess am grandfathered in :thumbsup: They tried to say no to insuring my first bike, a ninja 250r but then when threatened with pulling all of the family coverages (several homes, cars, etc) they relented and covered it. Since then each bike was a simple phone call to get coverage :thumbsup:

I know for sure they are covering mine as the policy paperwork does not mention any other companies :beerchug:

They only cover you under USAA if you had a motorcycle policy BEFORE the end of 2003. That is when they changed things and started sending new customers through Progressive which is a complete joke.

I paid $412 a year in Ohio with USAA and when we moved to Texas it went up to almost $1k a year. They tried to send me to progressive when I got my 08 and I told them no way I want the same coverage I had before. Progressive quoted me $3,600 for 6-months... :eek:

My other option was State Farm which had the bike cheaper but ALL of my vehicles were more so it wouldn't have been worth the trouble.

Well my SF just went up due to increase in claims......you guys need to use progressive or Geico from now on.:poke:

holy crap you guys pay a lot. 32, married, 3 kids, 1 ticket (23 over last year) and mine is 99/year for liability for a 01 busa.

I use Progressive...$300 or so for a full year, for full coverages.
But then again, I am 58, and have no points, and a solid credit rating. Believe it or not, one of the biggest determinants of you rauto/bike insurance premium is your credit rating. The better the rating, the lower the price for any given coverage. Best advice I can give is to shop around, and buy the least coverage/highest deductible that makes sense for you. For example, if you already have group medical insurance where you work, you might not want to buy medical coverage on yourself via the bike policy.

Good luck,
CW

that's bull, because i'm over 700, and my insurance rates suck.

Back