Local guy tries to rn down trooper

(dadofthree @ Mar. 16 2007,20:49)
(Charlesbusa @ Mar. 16 2007,20:50) Wow!  
wow.gif

If they can prove it was him, photos and the bullet wound(CSI magic), he's done for.

Can't understand why he choose to ride right at an officier with a gun drawn....
Remember he was stationary at the light when approached. Remember he had a weapon pointed at him. In many, many instances today, regardless of automobile, motorcycle or on foot, criminals run. Don't ask me why because I don't know. This guy may have a clean record I don't know, but you have a lot of wanted people out there, and you have people that just barrowed their buddies stolen bike, etc.

In review I think the better tactic would have been to come up on his six and grab hold of him. My 2 cents. I wasn't there so it doesn't matter.
With a gun drawn and pointed at them. Quite often they just freak & run. Not something they even think about, it's just instinct.
Sounds like the office might catch some trouble himself.

(lot boy @ Mar. 17 2007,12:03) my input is as follows: running =stupid           pulling gun on a speeder= chicken shid action.....    i guess it was better than running the speeder over (which is what almost always happens), what it amounts to is two morons who crossed paths.
+1 - that's my take exactly.  

Run and you deserve all the grief you get, but from what I've heard nothing the biker did warranted being shot.  I'd say the cop shot him more out of frustration than out of actual fear for his own life. (but of course I wasn't there so it's all speculation I guess)

I am sorry, I think that the officer should be suspeneded. I feel it was un-warranted for police to pull gun on the biker. For crying out loud he popped a wheelie and was speeding. If he had shot someone or other real crime and than you stop him on the bike than I can see pull a weapon on him. Another thing it is police procedure for them to pull over behind a vehicle and than walk along the side of the vehicle. I think the police officer position his body purposely in front of the bike so that he could shoot the driver. In other words the police officer put himself in direct danger on purpose. I don't think it was warranted that he should fire a shot at biker either. It is clear that the biker does not have a gun and he is not firing any weapon at the officer to justify the deadly force of shooting at biker. In england the police don't have weapons.....some situations like this I wish the police just had billie clubs and no weapons such as a gun. The deadly force of the gun does not match the situation.

I think that the guy probably saw a gun and gassed it. Is it even legal to pull a gun for a traffic offense? I am not saying the biker was right, but come on. I just don't see how a traffic offense requires a gun to be drawn. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Again without being there its tough. Cops have to ask themselves why is this guy running so hard? Did he just rob someone or kill someone. Not knowing if someone radioed him and said this guy was speeding. You can never put yourself in someone elses shoes or know exactly what was going through his mind. Hopefully an investigation will come up with a suitable answer and punishment if it is warranted. Again related to my experience when a guy who knows you just repossesed his car chases you down we dont stop until we have an officer there. You dont know if this crazy guy has a gun or what. Sad part is people dont need a gun or anything threatining to keep there car. In the state of Maine if asked to leave I have to leave and not come back or its criminal trespassing.

(turb06LE240 @ Mar. 16 2007,16:39) http://www.projo.com/ri....f7.html

I rode with this guys crew a couple times, We are in a small state, SH!T HAPPENS...
But its gonna be a bad year for sport bikes around here, There already talking about a sport bike task force....
AAAssjani.gif

Anyway thats the article from when it first happened, I figured I would wait Marc got cought before I posted it....
Irvin,
It would be interesting to do some follow up on this can you give me your state and city so I can check the court records to see what is going on (charges, etc.)?
Or if you know someone from his crew an update would be cool.

is it possible that you can hit a person with your bike and still ride off without dropping or losing control?

can police draw a weapon at you and shoot when you are unarmed?

motorcycle = deadly weapon?
rock.gif

something fishy about this story..

It happened in Providence RI about 10 miles from me.

I can't believe anyone questions whether or not the trooper should have drawn his gun.

The biker was driving recklessly on a major freeway. The trooper drew his gun and ordered him off the bike. Well then Get the F@$% off the bike and do what your told.

I have a gun pointing toward me and am only facing a traffic fine you can bet the farm I'm off in a hurry! If anything whether or not the guy tried to run the tropoer down he should have shot the bike to hell.

What was he supposed to do say get off the bike or I'll slap your face. If he just waived him down to pull over he would get blamed for letting him get away.

I've been pulled over many times for going way over the limit by a trooper. I always pull over immediately when I see the red lights. Most times I get a 5 over and some times I get told to slow down.

RI troopers are very respectful. You don't give them crap and they won't in return. It's the local city and town leo's that contain a fair amount of snot bags.

Come on guy's It's seems like it's getting to a point where breaking the law is just a nuisance and an officer of the law has to think way to much about consequences of his actions before he acts causing bad judgment.

(vinnycr2 @ Mar. 28 2007,22:35) I have a gun pointing toward me and am only facing a traffic fine you can bet the farm I'm off in a hurry! If anything whether or not the guy tried to run the tropoer down he should have shot the bike to hell.
eek2.gif

This is why you will never be a cop. And if you ever did try to pull me over you bet your a$$ i would run the hell away from your crazy a$$.

(HAYA!Busa @ Mar. 28 2007,23:20)
(vinnycr2 @ Mar. 28 2007,22:35) I have a gun pointing toward me and am only facing a traffic fine you can bet the farm I'm off in a hurry! If anything whether or not the guy tried to run the tropoer down he should have shot the bike to hell.
eek2.gif

This is why you will never be a cop. And if you ever did try to pull me over you bet your a$$ i would run the hell away from your crazy a$$.
If you would have pulled over without running you wouldn't have to worry about Me If I were a cop or most any other.

You run into me by being stupid like that idiot you're going to have to worry about me being crazy!!! Especially if I have my wife and kids.

ask any first responder how many innocent lives are lost or destroyed by fleeing suspects....  
Be a first responder to an accident where some little kid is lying under a wrecked vehicle due to a fleeing suspect..

Really very sad for the innocent people affected by some guy thinking he has a right to run...

Then explain why any leeway should be given to them...

(vinnycr2 @ Mar. 28 2007,23:38)
(HAYA!Busa @ Mar. 28 2007,23:20)
eek2.gif

This is why you will never be a cop.  And if you ever did try to pull me over you bet your a$$ i would run the hell away from your crazy a$$.
If you would have pulled over without running you wouldn't have to worry about Me If I were a cop or most any other.

You run into me by being stupid like that idiot you're going to have to worry about me being crazy!!! Especially if I have my wife and kids.
Well from the sounds of it the cop tried to run infront of him while the bike was moving at gunpoint. Im not saying the guys not a moron, shid he should have stopped in the first place... but punishable by death for a traffic violation? Uh uh no sir thats just rediculous rodney king style tactics. This guy and the cop are morons they should both be in the looney bin together.

(bogusLogon @ Mar. 28 2007,23:50) ask any first responder how many innocent lives are lost or destroyed by fleeing suspects....  
Be a first responder to an accident where some little kid is lying under a wrecked vehicle due to a fleeing suspect..

Really very sad for the innocent people affected by some guy thinking he has a right to run...

First off the reason a lot of shid happens is because the cops are flashing the red/blues and chasing suspects in areas where it is not safe to be chasing.  There is a certain point as a cop where you should say "screw it, get his description and we'll get him while hes home"  But to try to gun some one down for a traffic violation, who are you robocop? Or is your name Rambo? Im confused as to what movie you are imitating your police procedures from.  Drug dealers should be shot, murderers, rapists, and child molesters deserve bullets, not speeders.

PS if you jump infront of anysort of moving vehicle you have a death wish anyways.  A simple grab of the arm would have thrown him off balance, thats all it would have taken... not stray bullets flying everywhich way that could kill more innocent people than that bike ever would.

I say they are both at fault, punish both the tards and dont let them reproduce, problem solved.

Epic Auto is a subsidiary of "Patriaca Inc.". There's a lot more to the story than is being printed  
wink.gif

You do have to wonder, there has to be more to the story. I cant beleive RI police are alowed to just shoot in an area that sounds pretty crowded like that. Who was endangering more lives. Imagine if the cop missed and shot the girl with the camera that got pics of this guy. Guns arent dangerous mistakes with guns are dangerous same with vehicles or anything else. Bad choices on both parts I think but we will have to wait and see I wasnt there.

(HAYA!Busa @ Mar. 29 2007,00:01)
(bogusLogon @ Mar. 28 2007,23:50) ask any first responder how many innocent lives are lost or destroyed by fleeing suspects....

First off the reason a lot of shid happens is because the cops are flashing the red/blues and chasing suspects in areas where it is not safe to be chasing. There is a certain point as a cop where you should say "screw it, get his description and we'll get him while hes home" But to try to gun some one down for a traffic violation, who are you robocop? Or is your name Rambo? Im confused as to what movie you are imitating your police procedures from. Drug dealers should be shot, murderers, rapists, and child molesters deserve bullets, not speeders.

PS if you jump infront of anysort of moving vehicle you have a death wish anyways. A simple grab of the arm would have thrown him off balance, thats all it would have taken... not stray bullets flying everywhich way that could kill more innocent people than that bike ever would.

I say they are both at fault, punish both the tards and dont let them reproduce, problem solved.
{ PS if you jump in front of any sort of moving vehicle you have a death wish anyways. }

!!!PS did you mis the part below!!!

[ The biker was a few lanes over, at the front of the lane. The trooper got out of his cruiser and walked up to the motorcycle, gun drawn, Lynch said. ]

The bike was at a stand still he did not jump out in front of a moving vehicle.

{ who are you robocop? Or is your name Rambo? Im confused as to what movie you are imitating your police procedures from } Don't have a clue where you're coming from here!

You are delirious if you think the trooper just pulled his weapon and started firing away just to stop a traffic violator. He was at a dead stop and was ordered to get off the bike after a bout of reckless driving.

By twisting the throttle and heading towards an officer of the law, with a gun drawn, after disobeying to get off, it is now a felony.

It is hard enough to keep criminals behind bars when lawyers get a lot off on technicalities (when guilty as hell) and you want them to just fall back and get a description on a speeding vehicle.

What if he did decide to fall back and a few miles down the road he slams into and kills someone?

Ok so a patrol car decides not to give chase and radios ahead to another patrol car that spots him. What is he supposed to do? Sorry I can't It's to much trouble. Maybe we can get a plate # on a speeding motorcycle and he won't be able to find a lawyer to dispute Id'ing a man on a speeding motorcycle.

!!!Why don't you explain how he should have handled the situation!!!

I think it's hard to judge the cop unless you actually saw what went down... I didn't see it, so I guess I can't judge him.

It definitely sounds like the biker was a mental case because who would keep riding around after just being shot at? Any normal person/criminal would go home or hide out in that situation if they could. But any "normal" rider wouldn't have been running or put himself in that position to begin with.

Back