Local Bike Nights

Ventura has two local bike nights. One is on Wednesdays, at Chuy's Mexican Bar and Grill, mostly Harley riders go there, and they give anyone on a sportbike dirty looks and say stupid things like "Get a real bike". (Which is just laughable).
The other one is on Thursdays, at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf store. 99% sport bikes, reasonably friendly crowd, with the usual amount of squids on Gixxers and such, but also a lot of serious riders, who stand around and drink coffee, and talk about bikes. I have the second oldest bike there, and I always get the "What the hell is that" question!

Everyone here usually meets on Thurs. and Sun. evenings.  We meet at a Custom Auto Body shop and hang out, usually go ride for a bit and some of us go do wheelies among other craziness.  I don't know of anyone who meets that goes somewhere to drink and then ride home........pretty stupid.  As I'm sure all will agree.
Where?

I sometimes go to Whataburger Sat nights to Deep Ellum, & Sonic Thurs Nights to where ever..

Where & when?

Busafied
wink.gif
all the way up in Killeen.........Fort Hood..........the shop is called Cat Customs and my name is Neill if you ever make it around here. Just ask most anybody on a bike.......they'll probably know me.

I love the topless ice-cream idea.....hmmmm....bet many a biker would show up for that one. Maybe even at one of those Hawaiian Ice stands.....but I guess that would make it topless slushy night,huh? Man, they could even come up with some cool names for new flavors just for 'bike-night'. But I'll leave it at that......don't want to get to risque'....

The local hooters has a bike night.. probably 90% cruisers.  Can't add much to the driking subject - others here have covered that.  

But at bike night the sportbike guys are easy to spot.. they're usually the ones with all the gear.  For some reason HD guys rarely wear any gear.  I guess it's not "cool" to be geared up on a cruiser.  I must look like an idiot all geared on my Honda VTX, with no skin showing at all (pretty much the same gear I wear on the busa).  I'll tell you.. I've seen skin after asphalt got a taste of it, and it isn't pretty.  So I'll be the guy on the cruiser in the full-face helmet, pants, jacket, and gloves - no matter how hot it is.

Back