Litre bike not for me

gsxr996

Registered
so i have had a zx12 for 4 yrs and a zx14 the last 2 and just bought a busa too,they are all like the same class of bike.had a couple of gixxer1000s in that time but didnt keep them long.anyway did a little swap with buddy with an 06 gixxer1000 yesterday,he wanted to try the busa.first thing was ,wheres the rest of the bike when i got on,its tiny.i know its everybit as fast or maybe faster then the busa,but it just doesnt feel like it,have to rev the snot out of it to get same results.and yes it does handle better then the bus but not by alot,and not enough to make me give up the comfort.i ve been out on a bunch of zx10s cbr1000s,and r1s,and its pretty much the same thing with all.handle great,uncomfortable as hell,and have to ring there necks to get anything out of them,no thanks,getting too old for that,but not old enough for a goldwing.

I know what you mean, I had a 1k at the same time that I had my busa, and the 1k just sat on the garage collecting dust, its still fun to ride but not like the busa.

yea I thought the same about the new zx-10. I was wondering where the rest of the bike was. looked like a 125cc. 1/2 hr bikes are just that, 1/2 hr bikes.

Rode an R1 not too long ago and after about 20 miles I wanted my limo back.

via Tapatalk

I still have my 05 ZX10 but I always think that my face shield is even with the front wheel fender because its so compact.

+1 on that. I like your sentiment. I didn't even have to ride 1k bikes to know that 'Busa is the only bike for me. :thumbsup:

I like my busa but I LOVE my gixxer 1K. I'm exactly opposite of you. I ride the 1K almost exclusively and when I get on the busa it feels like a whale under my a$$. Don't get me wrong, the busa is a cream puff to ride and I do enjoy the fat chick but if I had to choose between the busa and the gixxer I'd definately keep my gixxer. Unless that is, I was touring exclusively.

He's a we lad, that lives on the track :rolf: On top of all the other comments, my rider wouldn't even sit on the liter, she loves her Busa :thumbsup:

I do tend to agree, my K6 Gix was actually more comfortable that the Bus.

Much less stretch to the bars.

As much as I love the Bus (the BEST engine in motorcycling), I wouldn't mind a S1000RR or a Gix as a play bike as well.

Tuf's around 6 ft, he's just a tough old bird!

Me, I can ride my 1K for awhile before it starts to hurt, but I can ride my Busa much longer. Depends on what kind of ride I'm planning to do...

I've put more miles on my GSXR750 this month than I have my Busa. I'm 6' 3", 235#. I can see the headlight of the GSXR while I'm riding. I still love the Busa best.

My zx6r just sits in my garage. I do turn it on once a month, I don't think I even riden it this year! My brother has a gsxr1k and I just can't see myself on that small bike. I like the fat a** the busa has, it just feels smooth.

I've been wanting to try a liter bike. The motivation for buying the Busa was comfort, but now the problem that confronts me is, I've pretty much rode it out to the edge of it's handling capabilities. Biggest majority of my riding is twisties, and after 150 miles of slinging the big bike around 30 mph corners at 70+, I'm hosed anyway. I'm fairly fit, but I can feel the weight in full lean transitions. Plus, there's always been the slow turn in. Mid corner and corner exits are alright, but getting it to turn into the corner has always been a yank and pray thing. Then there's track days..
600 is realistically too small for me (6'2"), but at least from setting on them, a CBR1000 feels just about as comfortable as the Busa. And Honda has outed an absolutely beautiful red version for 2012...:drool:

and yes it does handle better then the bus but not by alot.

I'm not sure what was going with GSXR 1000 you were riding but there is a world of difference between handling characteristics of a Hayabusa and a literbike.

Tuf, you must not be a big guy..... or a plus sized guy!

I can't say exactly how tall Steven(Tuf) is but I know that I'm 6'1" and I'm looking up at him.

Then there's track days..600 is realistically too small for me (6'2")

I'm 6'1" 220ish(hoping to be 200even next year). When I ride my 600 on the street, I do feel a little oversized for the bike, but when I take that same bike to the track it feels perfect. After taking my 600 out for 1/2 of a track day I was so impressed by everything it did (except accelerate lol) that I decided to make it my primary track bike.

I love my bus but I enjoy riding a liter bike as well.Not as comfortable but nimble and quick.The liter bikes almost scare me since they are lighter and seem to get up there quicker.I still loves my old gixxer 1100.That thing was fast but it was the heavier vintage.I am short guy 5'9 and stalky so it a little stretch for me on the bus but I love that bike.For track I would love to have a gixxer again.

Liter bikes are the most fun to ride by far. They do absolutely everything extremely well. I'm not as interested in comfort as I am performance. The technology incorporated into most liter bikes far exceed the busa and rightfully so. Not much R&D has gone into the busa since it's birth but the difference in the gixxer over the past ten years is phenominal. A stock gixxer off the shelf is every bit as lethal as the race bikes of five years ago.

I'm 6'3" 195 pounds and the gixxer works just fine under my lanky frame. It's all about making the bike do what you want it to without upsetting the bikes ability to perform.

Tomorrow is our last track day at Pacific Raceway for the season. I may be going through withdrawls for a while. We have a very long wet winter here.

I have possessed 2 1K's and have never felt the need to ring them out as you put to get performance.
They are completely different bikes and purpose built, both stupid fast. I have found the Hayabusa to be a very nice addition with it's performance, styling and ergo's. You must be able to ride a GSX-R1000 like Matt Maladin if you are "ringing it out". :whistle:

Everytime i think i might need something that handles better i run across someone that reminds me its not the bike its me

Back