Lets talk about lids.

(camaroguy72 @ Nov. 30 2006,07:51)
(Old School @ Nov. 30 2006,07:47) Scorpion Exo-700. I have had the best Arai and Shoei have to offer. Scorpion is quieter and costs less than $200!
smile.gif
yea, and when you crash in the scorpion the visor flys off and when you go tumbling something flies into your face and messed u up more... screw those helmets.
You know that's interesting...I wear a Scorpian eXo and dropped it in the house one time and the visor went flying.
rock.gif

See thats the thing though , i dont wear ear plugs and i want to send me and my wifes helmets off to Racing radios in Atlanta Ga. and get them fited with intercom and fm/am radios. Thats why im looking for quiet. All your input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks Donnie

(Southside Playa @ Nov. 30 2006,12:05) Arai Quantum 2 or Astral X, or if $$$$$$ is no problem get a Corsair!!

NUFF SAID
Wow...I like those Corsairs.

I was going to get a Shoei X-11 but now I don't know.
Anyone want to compair a Corsair vs an X-11??

(Justyntym @ Nov. 30 2006,12:41)
(Southside Playa @ Nov. 30 2006,12:05) Arai Quantum 2 or Astral X, or if $$$$$$ is no problem get a Corsair!!

NUFF SAID
Wow...I like those Corsairs.

I was going to get a Shoei X-11 but now I don't know.
Anyone want to compair a Corsair vs an X-11??
This is one of those loaded questions. I personally have great luck with the fit of Arai helmets. Currently I have a KRJR corsair but I have owned several others (Super Vent, F1, and Signet). The corsair is not quite as quiet as the Signet It replaced but the added venting is a god send, which made it a worthwhile trade for me since I wear ear plugs always! The fit of the helmet to your particular egg sack is going to be the biggest contributing factor in the relative noise level though. Without wearing them side by side (on the road not the showroom) you are never going to know which is quietest for you. Unfortunately no dealer I know of allows you to test ride helmets. So I wind up going by fit, finish and features in that order. IMHO Arai and Shoei build the best helmets but they don’t always fit everyone so try a few on take your pick.

My HJC helmet saved my brain and face... that's all that matters to me... even if it's loud!

Try the KBC line. They feel just like my ARAI RX7rr4 and don't cost a whole lot. Plus i sell them and can hook you up.

(Justyntym @ Nov. 30 2006,10:40)
(camaroguy72 @ Nov. 30 2006,07:51)
(Old School @ Nov. 30 2006,07:47) Scorpion Exo-700. I have had the best Arai and Shoei have to offer. Scorpion is quieter and costs less than $200!
smile.gif
yea, and when you crash in the scorpion the visor flys off and when you go tumbling something flies into your face and messed u up more... screw those helmets.
You know that's interesting...I wear a Scorpian eXo and dropped it in the house one time and the visor went flying.
rock.gif
now boys
jump9.gif

almost new black X-11, size XL for sale. fits slightly losse on me so selling.

Pan, what model? Oh free plastics and now you're working an angle / testimonial with HJC for paint money
wow.gif

Im liking that Arai Rx7 Corsair , I was also liking that X-11 until professor chimed in , maybe its time for me to change lids for a while. Me and the wife both use rf-1000s now.

Thanks for all the info guys
Donnie

(bigoltool @ Nov. 30 2006,14:12) This is one of those loaded questions. I personally have great luck with the fit of Arai helmets. Currently I have a KRJR corsair but I have owned several others (Super Vent, F1, and Signet). The corsair is not quite as quiet as the Signet It replaced but the added venting is a god send, which made it a worthwhile trade for me since I wear ear plugs always! The fit of the helmet to your particular egg sack is going to be the biggest contributing factor in the relative noise level though. Without wearing them side by side (on the road not the showroom) you are never going to know which is quietest for you. Unfortunately no dealer I know of allows you to test ride helmets. So I wind up going by fit, finish and features in that order. IMHO Arai and Shoei build the best helmets but they don’t always fit everyone so try a few on take your pick.
Completely agree. Thanks for saving me all the typing!

Everyone has a different shaped head. If the helmet fits you properly, it should generally be pretty quiet.

My wife likes the Arai Astral-X because you can change out all the cheek pieces to make it fit your particular head. Should make for a really quiet helmet. For her, it is MUCH quieter than the Scorpion because of this.

That said, a Scorpion might be quieter for you than the Astral-X if your head fits the helmet better.

Good luck.

--Wag--

Back