Lets talk about lids.

DonnieF

Donating Member
Registered
From what you guys have experienced , what is the quietest helmet out on the market right now?

Yeah, mine seems to be pretty quiet but I will admit to not having tried any others. I still wear the foam earplugs, however.

--Wag--

(DonnieF @ Nov. 30 2006,10:48) From what you guys have experienced , what is the quietest helmet out on the market right now?
Unless a rider has tried on all different helmets all on the same bike, the question is very hard to answer.

I use KBC and never had an issue or excessive noise..
but I have never tried any other helmets.

i read a report once that was done buy a helmet testing co. it said that all the helmets they test , the tester always weares ear plugs. their quote is that eaven the quietest helmet is to loud for long use.
i have a rf1000 and a quiet rider wind skirt from dennis kirk.com
lovein it. it fogs easyer because of the wind skirt but its quiet
rant.gif

1. Arai in a few varieties.
2. Shoei in a few varities.

It doesn't matter bike you're riding, it's all about how the helmet fits your head. I wear an Arai Astral-X. It has great venting, and the shield is easy to change. A very comfortable helmet.

(DonnieF @ Nov. 30 2006,02:48) From what you guys have experienced , what is the quietest helmet out on the market right now?
Is sure is not the Shoei X-11
wink.gif

It is a give-take situation. I love my X-11, don't get me wrong. It flows more air through it than any other helmet I have tried. But with all of that air, you get noise. The noise and air seem to go hand in hand. The RF 1000 has less air flow and less noise and you can not remove the inner liner to wash it like the X-11

You have to decide what you want in a helmet. I wear earplugs so I have the best of both worlds.

It is about time to replace my X-11. I figure another X-11 or Suomi is in my future.

I got the Arai Quantom 2 Tattoo Blue, was quiter than my first helmet the Blue/Silver RF-1000. And it fits MUCH better. Thats why I went with arai, they have different shells for different shaped heads. They are pricey tho, but well worth it in my eyes.

Cost wasn't included in the question but would members please list the cost. I need to start wearing plugs for noise and pressure.
beerchug.gif

HJC $120.00 CL-15 Middle of their line.

On my grape the Shoei rf-1000 is quieter that the Suomy spec-1r.
For what it's worth...

Its not the HJC Carbon Vader...but for airflow it is great. Also is top in looks IMO.

Carbon_Helmet_002__Small_.jpg

(Old School @ Nov. 30 2006,07:47) Scorpion Exo-700. I have had the best Arai and Shoei have to offer. Scorpion is quieter and costs less than $200!
smile.gif
yea, and when you crash in the scorpion the visor flys off and when you go tumbling something flies into your face and messed u up more... screw those helmets.

I have a Shoei rf-1000 now , i was just wondering if there was something more quiet out there... I have never owned a Arai or a Suomy just Shoei's and Simpson's.

i just got a shark rsi and it seems to fit better than the x 11, i will let you know on the noise i havent got to try it since it is snowing ill try it out on saturday

if you are going to wear ear plugs and don't need the absolute quietest, this is the best deal i know of at the moment...a HJC CL-14 for $89.99 on clearance

Back