Lets see your helmet!!

I kind of like that Shark but I wish they could have made the spoiler more of an enclosed piece. It looks like a chinsy add-on instead of a part of the helmet with the bottom open like that.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Nexx XR2? It's a few hundred bucks cheaper and the same weight. 1270 grams for the medium (smallest) sized shell. Looks like there are a few complaints about workmanship on the padding and some said the visor is difficult to open and remove but 180° view and it does have pin locks. When it comes right down to it, you're loosing less than a pound by going to a CF helmet v my old composite Shoie. I paid $600 for the Shoie RF1100 about ten years ago and now you can get a CF Nexx for the same price. I hear a long skinny head to fits the Nexx but that's no problem here.
Hi. Where did you get the weight info from? I got from Revzilla about 1390. I am looking for under 3 lbs and good aero. But I am getting so many different weights for the same helmets it drives me crazy. They do not give all the info that they should like real weight and aero spects like Suomy aero 0.39 which is the best of all helmets. Like the Shark Race R Pro GP FIM I have weights from 1200 grams to 1550 grams.

Hi. Where did you get the weight info from? I got from Revzilla about 1390. I am looking for under 3 lbs and good aero. But I am getting so many different weights for the same helmets it drives me crazy. They do not give all the info that they should like real weight and aero spects like Suomy aero 0.39 which is the best of all helmets. Like the Shark Race R Pro GP FIM I have weights from 1200 grams to 1550 grams.

Hi. Where did you get the weight info from? I got from Revzilla about 1390.
The opening paragraph of this

and in these reviews on Revzilla

Looks great, has some kinks

The Carbon Zero is astonishingly light. The medium is around 1300g which feels great on long rides. I came from a scorpion r2000 (6lbs) which would strain my neck on longer rides. I haven't run into any issues with the Nexx. After three hours straight on an r6 the only thing hurting was my back.

The design is beautiful. I'm usually not a fan of carbon but Nexx did a great job on this one. Ordered a dark smoke visor along with the helmet and it all looks so sleek. The fit is even better than the r2000, then again this helmet is double the price, and you can tell that all of the money went into the helmet itself and nothing else. The r2000 came with a nice soft thick bag along with an extra visor. Nexx offers no such thing. What you get is a helmet and a helmet alone, practically. The bag that Nexx provides is so thing that it'd offer no protection if you were to accidentally drop the thing while bagged up. Extra visors are around $60 at the moment and I don't see them going down soon.

The removal of the visor itself is scary. You have to really pull on the thing to the point where it feels like it's about to snap, and the release of the visor is violent. There is no button to depress or tab to pull. The fastshot button on the sides slide up, and out. Build quality on the buttons themselves are decent, but one day while riding I was pulling my visor down and had one of the buttons pop right off. $15 for a replacement which is a bit of a rip if you ask me, but it's understandable. Nexx did everything they could to keep the weight down on this helmet, so some luxuries had to be sacrificed.

As for the locking of the visor itself, I am very disappointed. There isn't a tab the the visor slips into nor is there a slider to lock the visor down. You need to push down on the visor until it locks into place, and to unlock it requires quite a bit of force. Airflow is great. I've yet to complain about heat, but then again it's almost spring.

To boil it all down, if you want a lightweight helmet that looks and feels great, this is your best bet. If you want something with a plethora of vents and smooth visor movement, look elsewhere.

Lightest weight with great visibility!!!
The helmet was worth the wait (was sold out). It is 1270gms for the Medium, right out of the box; tag on the helmet says, "1300gms without accessories." It is so light when first put it on (compared to my ol' 1669gm helmet) the "Zero" almost feels like a toy. The first ride convinced me of the delight of such light weight. I'm small (and old), so I appreciate the weight loss compared to my old helmet. And, the Zero fits me fine. I measure at 57.5cms, right in the middle of the published size chart for Medium. I hope it gets little easier to get off after its worn a while, though--I'd really like to keep my ears!

Venting seems to work well but I'll know more when summer arrives--only in the high 80s here today. It's not particularly quiet but riding with ear-protection it's perfectly fine. I did notice that it is noisier in a full tuck, but on an FZ-07 I never right that way.

Style is a personal issue, of course, and I'd prefer none of the molded-in logos and such (more like the new carbon Simpson that has nothing but easily peeled off stickers), but there are much worse, imho. My only gripe is that the "buckle" thingee, though nicely padded, fits right under the center of my chin and not off the side, which I find more comfortable. I suppose I'll get used to this... or, have my wife fix it.

Contrary to what some reviewers report, mine arrived in perfect condition. And, for those who gripe about how much effort it takes to remove the shield or how the unconventional guts come out or install, may I respectfully suggest watching the videos here... they show it all.

Overall, this fully carbon helmet seems to be well worth the bucks and I look forward to many comfortable miles in the NEXX Carbon Zero.

Finally, revzilla personel were quite helpful in sizing and buying this, as it was sold out when I decided to order.

Pictured is what's in the box and a shot of the underside. Normally, I remove all stickers but I'm leaving the one that notes the emergency removable cheek pads!!!

You would think somebody would put these helmets on a scale and they would come up in a search. Some of the parts I posted pictures of on the scale come up when I do an image search. Then again, not many people bother to weigh things.

Yeah, if you don't actually see a picture of it on a scale, you have to wonder if the person actually weighed it or if they're just saying what they believe it weighs. I have a reasonale amount of trust in the Billy's Crash Helmets review though, at least it's not just some random dude reporting the weight with no evidence he actually put it on a scale.

Viewing the Nexx XR2's face shield removal reminds me of my Shoie. It's scary removing it. Loosen it and wiggle it around and it comes off eventually (sort of like busa fairings). I don't know that the face shield locks on the XR2 and that would be something I would probably want for LSR. I'll bet a locking face shield is a requirement for all courses.

As far as aeros....who ever knows for sure. Maybe if you try it you have some idea.

Last edited:
I stopped by Cycle Gear this morning to try on a few helmets and was blown away by the Arai Regent-X.
Best fitting most comfortable helmet I've ever had on,,,,,,light years ahead of the three Arai helmets I have now as far as fit and comfort go.
Freaky thing is it goes on easy.
I put it on and shook my head with the chinstrap hanging down,it stayed firmly in place.
If any of you have experience riding with this helmet please let me know how it does at speed in the real world.:beerchug:

Just delivered today:banana:HJC RPHA 11 Pro Carbon Helmet.........fits great(medium),love the carbon weave........exactly 3 lbs:beerchug:
20210128_202013.jpg
20210128_202039.jpg
20210128_202131.jpg

I have the rpha11, not carbon, but very light. I went down and the helmet got scraped up. I almost purchased this same helmet, but went with the rpha70 carbon since have a cruiser and sportbike. Both are very good helmets imo.
I have the RPHA70 as well

Back