Lets see your helmet!!

New shoei nxr (with cardo slim) to replace my Neotec2. So much better helmet. Neotec has been sent to the back of the cupboard now.

IMG_20201218_190344.jpg

Been lusting after these beauts myself,,,,,,,decisions,decisions.:beerchug:
HI. rd99: I have spent about 200 hrs looking at helmets. I am trying to get weights on the Suomy sr gp and the Shark Race R Pro GP FIM carbon I am talking to Speed Addicts 866-573-2820 and Cheomeburner USA #646-770-1993. It looks like one of these will be my race helmet.

The cost of getting a helmet delivered from the Netherlands must be "out there";)
HI. No Chromeburner is free shipping. I have gotten so many different weights on the Shark from 1200 grams to 1350 for the helmet + 120 for the rear spoiled = 1470 grams to 1550 grams for the FIM helmet. Now to look closer at the Suomy SR GP helmet. It will be the same one they use in Moto GP but with out the FIM rating. They say the FIM adds weight. If I crash at above 250 + MPH I do not think it will matter witch helmet I have on!!!!

HI. No Chromeburner is free shipping. I have gotten so many different weights on the Shark from 1200 grams to 1350 for the helmet + 120 for the rear spoiled = 1470 grams to 1550 grams for the FIM helmet. Now to look closer at the Suomy SR GP helmet. It will be the same one they use in Moto GP but with out the FIM rating. They say the FIM adds weight. If I crash at above 250 + MPH I do not think it will matter witch helmet I have on!!!!
1608406310027.png

See what you did?........now I'm doing it........LOL.:moon:

Full link to the helmet:

I have a few other lids that I ride with. My daily beater lid is the Speed & Strength Cruise Missile.

I also have the Punisher 2 by HJC CL17.

Review:
HOLY CRAP! This new helmet is so much lighter than the others. I don't have exact numbers for you guys (But i will soon, ill take both to work and weigh them). The carbon fiber shell really makes this helmet light weight. I couldn't believe the difference. The HJC was terrible at cutting through air. The S&S Cruise Missile was better than the HJC at that. But this one is just perfect. The fitment for my bigass head is perfect in 2XL. I also wear a 2XL in S&S. The helmet comes with a clear visor and a smoke visor with pinlocks already installed. Very VERY happy with this acquisition.

I kind of like that Shark but I wish they could have made the spoiler more of an enclosed piece. It looks like a chinsy add-on instead of a part of the helmet with the bottom open like that.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Nexx XR2? It's a few hundred bucks cheaper and the same weight. 1270 grams for the medium (smallest) sized shell. Looks like there are a few complaints about workmanship on the padding and some said the visor is difficult to open and remove but 180° view and it does have pin locks. When it comes right down to it, you're loosing less than a pound by going to a CF helmet v my old composite Shoie. I paid $600 for the Shoie RF1100 about ten years ago and now you can get a CF Nexx for the same price. I hear a long skinny head to fits the Nexx but that's no problem here.

Back