Lets talk about lids.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I have the best wife ever! She got me this new lid to replace my Shoei Picotti replica. Anyone else wear an Icon Mainframe? I really used to like the Shoei's, but I think they are too long for my head, needed something rounder if that makes sense. Oh, and I got the blue tinted visor to go with it. Green is pictured.

2008_Icon_Mainframe_Death_from_Above_Helmet_DFA.jpg

hey, if it's built right, has the features you want. and FITS...
beerchug.gif

i WANTED to spend around $300 for my lid but none fit me in that price range. they have most or all the features i wanted but just did'nt fit right. i had to go up to $500 for the arai rx7 corsair because it FIT, aside from having all the features i wanted it fit.

kool skullbots
thumb_up.gif

Very nice ! I like the Mainframes too but I don't know anyone that has one.

I ordered the matching Shoei FR-1000 from the stealer when I bought the bike, should be here this week...I have been wearing Suomy's but they are too round for my head, the Shoei fits me perfectly, can't wait to get it!

3815af12_efc8_4ac7_b5d5_9bcbf9f59d58.jpg

I ordered the matching Shoei FR-1000 from the stealer when I bought the bike, should be here this week...I have been wearing Suomy's but they are too round for my head, the Shoei fits me perfectly, can't wait to get it!
Nice lid kl!

The new Icon showed up yesterday. I ordered the blue visor because I didnt want to have only a clear, well there was green tinted visor included on top of the blue one. Now I have 3 visors for this helmet! Oh well, the fit is great and it looks better in person. Icon is correct in saying their tinted visors are too dark for night riding. I have always left my tinted visor on my Shoei day or night. I guess I will have to put the clear one in my tank bag. At least the change is easy to do.

Back