Let's dicuss alarms...

Yeah this particular one has a sensitivy setting but i assume a dump pipe will set of about any alarm
wink.gif

I haven't had the Gorilla or the one that 'him' has, but I would have to say that for the money the Scorpion is the best. If you are going to spend all the money on the Busa with mods why not spend $318 on an alarm. I have just heard way too many good things about it. Others may be comparable, but no one is talking about them. Put the Scorpio on your bike, Stunnah, and have no worries!

When it stops raining ill strip my bike down and get some pics up for ya

The Scorpio sounds good and I like the features...

Anybody know anything about the Gorilla???
Had one Stunnah and I gave it to LoBusa (a fair exchange...). Didn't have near the options that the Scorpio has. Trust me Stunnah, you won't be disappointed if you are looking for an alarm and decide on the Scorpio. PM Ks-waterbug, he had the group buy set up again. I purchased mine with the first group back in April of last year. Easy install, and the features were DA BOMB!! I think it was something like $345 to my door with ALL features. A little less if you want to 86 some of the extras, but to get the full benefit of the alarm, you'd want it all. Also got detailed instructions from Icemann on how to make the front lights flash when the alarm is activated. Very cheap to do I might add.
bowdown.gif

Has anyone had any problems with the alarm draining the battery...My partner called me today with a dead battery he rode the bike Sunday...He also said that the remote was showing a low battery indicator...Is this alarm self powered???Does it pull so much that it will drain the battery???

dudewizr
New Recruit

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:0.86

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just got the scorpion thru KS , had it 4 days 318.00 TMD.  Completely installed in about an hour and works great.  Sure do enjoy lunch alot more knowin the scorpions got my back.  I can actually relax while leaving my helmet on the bike during a stop in the local Subway!

Oh and by the way every option available included. [/QUOTE]

Ordered mine for $318 last week too, cant wait til it gets here.

Hey Stun-Baby I believe the SRi has a back up battery in case your primary goes south or a thief tries to cut off you pwr supply to the alarm.  As far as the SRi draining your battery, one reason that I can think of  would be the siren going off constantly causing the drain .  Also how old is his battery, wear and tear on the battery may be and issue here amplified by the alarm siren going off at times.  Tell your boy to get his battery tested at Auto Zone or Interstate Batteries .

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111627373 -->

Beyond an alarm and lock(s) -- after all a determined thief will find a way in most cases, I've found that LoJack now offers a Motorcycle-specific version of their tracking/recovery system. I'm definitely going to look more into it.

His bike is an 04 and to my knowledge he has never had an issue with the battery before...I guess if your gonna be idle for a few days it may require hooking up a tender...

His bike is an 04 and to my knowledge he has never had an issue with the battery before...I guess if your gonna be idle for a few days it may require hooking up a tender...[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt hurt, especially if the temps are lower than normal. I would still have the battery checked out to verify if theres a dead cell.

Hey man you want to shoot me your email so i can get those pics and directions do you. I cant get my shid to work anymore
mad.gif
. Disarmed it went to the track and come home now the shid wont arm anymore with eitehr controller. Just tried to contact the seller as ive only had it for 3wks to see what the deal was. If he doenst do something ill have to run one of those buyer beware ads the pops up with his shid. Looks like i might be going scorpio after all. Hey stunna get the scorpio

There is an iginition kill i couldnt get to work...What this does is let you know your alarm is going off like when your in teh house sleep, so you can catch the people before they get away and if they are driving away it will cut the bike off....if you have the ignition kill switch set up

i think it does have some kind of disabling device not sure what it does though

scorpio on mine and worth every cent.
cant wait to haul; my *** out and start riding
weather in new england does S**k. hoping this week
but please remember this system does drain out the battery in 7 days if the bike is not started once at least.when it is isle keep it hooked to a battery tender or
something.

Back