Need an alarm system for my busa

Lucky34

Registered
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good alarm for my new busa.
What do you guys recommend? What is the best (in terms of price to performance ratio). I want something good and that I can install myself, but I do have limited funds $$.
So far I've only looked at the "Scorpio SR-i300 High End Security Alarm". It's $129.00 at bikebone.com
Scorpio SR-i300 Alarm

Please let me know:
-What alarms you guys recomend
-how much they were
-where you got them

Thanks

I have the Sr-i500 and love it great system with great options i got everything but the backup battery:D

Installing an SR-i500ES system with all the components. Do a search and you will see all the reviews for the system. Check out <a href="http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/66-SCOR-2">KneeDraggers.com<a> but other places have comparable prices.

yea I got the SR-i500se version too. only thing i didnt hook up on it was the anti- hijack. I didn't want to cut any wires on the bike and that feature from my understanding only works if you are there when bike is stolen and you are still in range to actuivate it. I could be wrong though.

I have the Scorpio also. We had a group discount earlier this year that was set up by kswaterbug. For the life of me I can't remember where and who we purchased them from. I think the whole system with all the bells and whistles ran around $340 shipped.

..at least, this side of the Atlantic..
smile.gif

first choice: Datatool veto-evo.. ..the absolute system.. (GB)

second: Meta Systems (I)

I bought a scorpio alarm system. I think its a 300. Order it from airtronix. A good system i would say. Also ordered the plug-in kit with it. Made the install alot smoother.

Thanks a lot for all the input guys. I think I'm gonna go for the Scorpio 500.
I'll let ya know how it goes
smile.gif

Again, thanks a lot.

I picked up the 500 also. I bought every option, including the battery backup. I installed everything except the ignition cutoff and it was easy. I had the dealer install the cutoff because I didn't want to cut into the wrong wire (The instructions told me one thing, the Service Manual told me another color, so I let the dealer make the call.). Everything works well.
I did notice that because it takes 1 AAA batteriy in the remote that it seems to eat it up every few months.
Range for the remote is good and motion and perimeter adjustment is really easy to fine-tune.
Enjoy
race.gif

Back