What is the best alarm for your bike

johnny1980

Registered
I was thinking about putting an alarm system. Is the Scorpio SR-i600se Alarm System a good theft deterrent. How is the install on this one I heard they sell a factory plug in kit?

Alarms are good, but I would stay away from them. I would go with a system that has gps tracking. Alarms on bikes are just like cars, everyone hears them, but no one pays attention to them!

The i1100 would be they're best. The i600 is good. The i900 is the same as the i600, but with RFID arm/dis-arm for automatic operation.

I use two disc locks, one being a Xena XX14 which has the alarm and motion detection as well. It's gonna make a lot of noise and they will have to have 4 dudes to pick it up as both wheels will be locked.

Moving a bike with a Scorpio Alarm will still make a ton of noise. Somebody still has to acknowledge it to do any good. If it's 4 guys picking it up, it's likely they are part of a theft ring and will be tossing it into a van so they can rip it apart to take out the alarm or cut off the disc locks as they drive away. Insurance it for the those types.

Disc alarm for me along with my Glock, if I don't catch them insurance can take care of it. If a thief really wants your bike he will find a way to get it....

LO JACK!!!!!!!!! its cost but its the best thing the get...it has a sensor that you have to have when you start it and with out it the silent alarm will go off..or if its get stolen you can call the 1-800 number :thumbsup:

I installed an Internatrix, a third the cost of a Scorpio. Has everthing I need, pager, microwave perimeter, shock and immobiliser.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've got a Scorpio i1100 thats supposed to arrive any day now... Very excited about it! GPS and uses the iPhone...:thumbsup:

How do you like it? How was the install? How does it work with your iphone?

The one I ordered got delayed to the point of having a refund issued. I'm out of town, so I'm planning on ordering a new one from someone else when I get back home.

As far as install goes, I've already got a plug and play adapter for it.

The app for it on my iphone is pretty slick looking, but I've yet to use it with the alarm yet.

As far as the i1100 system goes, Scorpio recently reported that it has done very well with theft recovery already. In 2 recent cases they said it led police to breaking up a motorcycle theft ring and recovering lots of other stolen bikes as well...

:beerchug:

Back