MOTORCYCLE ALARM- Do you have a story ?

TRALL

Registered
For those who have installed motorcycle alarms, Do you have a story to tell that helped you stop the theft in progress or act of vandalism?

I am considering buying a alarm and from what I researched so far I like the-SCORPIO SRI900R.

Your stories?

i dont have any story but i invested in the 900 scorpio system with rfid and perimeter sensor.....it gives me piece of mind when its out of my site...and even though mine is in a garage it still can be stolen so i sleep better now...just went on a trip to haya in the hills and at the motel that night i didnt worry at all...

after seeing posts here about my bike was stolen i looked into alarm systems and am very happy with my purchase..:thumbsup:

jwest... I have been wanting to get that alarm as well, but I wanted to see one in action. Damn, I should have asked for a demo at HITH.

Surpised there weren't any posts, maybe the alarms deterred some thief and the owner didn't know it. I have the Scorpio i900 with the RFID, perimeter and ignition disable. I also installed a enhanced LoJack system since we have excellent coverage here in CA., I secure the bike with a RoadLok and disc lock if the bike is unattended and it sleeps in a well secured garage at night. You can never stop a determined thief but if you can make it too time consuming or difficult they might pick an easier target.

Just heard about this new GPS anti-theft device called GUIDEPOINT. Supposedly better than lojack and Scorpio. My 08 was stolen this past tuesday and I will be looking forward to being on another new Busa soon. This is what I may install first. Anyone use this?

http://www.guidepointsystems.com/motorcycles/

I did an install on a 08 cbr 1k with this same alarm. I dont have one... but it is nice for what it is! Lot of features...a little hard to setup at first. Took an hour to get the hang of it. Would I buy one myself... still on the fence on that. It only takes 4 guys....2 bars and 1 van and your bike is gone!

I found this interesting thread below while doing a random internet search- It was about installing a pre-paid cell phone that uses accutracking which appears simular to cell phones that have that feature for tracking or locating your kids but this guy used it on his bike- Interesting set-up......

Scorpio SR-i900 & Accutracking : Yamaha R1 Forum
Scorpio SR-i900 & Accutracking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just finished installing my new Alarm and I have to say I'm quite impressed.

It's plenty loud, and while I'm still in the process of adjusting the perimeter sensor (to make it LESS sensitive) this alarm seems to be great.

One of the best features is the RFID sensor. You don't have to remember to arm/disarm your bike. When you kill the ignition, it pre-arms. When you walk away, it'll arm itself. When you walk back up to the bike, you don't have to remember to disarm it. It senses that your key fob is near and disarms when you turn the ignition on. This also means you can start putting stuff in the tail storage or set your helmet on the bike without having it go off b/c you forgot to disable it. I haven't installed the ignition disable yet b/c I haven't had time to look up which wire to splice into. If anyone knows the correct color of the fuel pump wire to splice for an 02 R1, please PM me.

Sensor range works great. I have to park roughly 1/8 mile or so from my apt and the signal reaches my pager even inside.

I also installed a Boost Mobile prepaid phone in my bike ($0.35/day) running Accutracking. I can look at my bike online anytime to see where it's at using Accutracking.com (~$8.00/month). The site text messages my phone whenever my bike leaves it's home or my work location, or travels faster than anything I set as my speed limit. For less than $20/month I figured this was a little bit of extra protection.

I did an install on a 08 cbr 1k with this same alarm. I dont have one... but it is nice for what it is! Lot of features...a little hard to setup at first. Took an hour to get the hang of it. Would I buy one myself... still on the fence on that. It only takes 4 guys....2 bars and 1 van and your bike is gone!

So can the device be hidden deep where they can't find it easy to quickly remove it while in the van or truck? I'm thinking it's a good system if it can trace them right away and alert me soon as my bike is moving. That way cops can get them before they get to their location. Also like the idea of keeping track of it online anytime. And if they go underground somewhere it records the lastpoint before it disappeared off the gps. A local bike shop told me $1200 installed. Whoa!

Back