Let's dicuss alarms...

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
Read a thread or two discussing alarms...What has become the best alarm and it's cost???Are their any out there that are similar???Is one as good as the next???Had a partna install a Scorpio on his bike he seems happy with it but he paid like nearly $400.00 is that cost about right???

K-Bug had a deal for about $316 for h.org members. Normal price with all components is something less than $400.

Yeah If I remember correctly, my scorpio was 359, with everything..including harness.. to the door from kneedraggers.com
It sucked spending that money on something that doesn't add power, but I feel so much better leaving it in the parking lot at night...it's worth every penny to me.

<!--EDIT|UUBusa
Reason for Edit: "grammer sucks"|1111520568 -->

Just got the scorpion thru KS , had it 4 days 318.00 TMD.  Completely installed in about an hour and works great.  Sure do enjoy lunch alot more knowin the scorpions got my back.  I can actually relax while leaving my helmet on the bike during a stop in the local Subway!

Oh and by the way every option available included.

<!--EDIT|dudewizr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111521092 -->

The Scorpio sounds good and I like the features...

Anybody know anything about the Gorilla???

I've got plenty of time...Just trying to get setup prior to Myrtle Beach...With the horror stories as of late I don't want to be a cadidate for theft...Until then the "STUNGUN" will mostly be within vision...

Here's another vote for the Scorpio ... the extra peace of mind is worth the $350 for me ... and it works great!

The way i look at it if the damn thing functions like you want it you dont have to go with one of those high dollar alarms... 300 bucks is way to much for me to pay for an alarm but thats just me a cheap as. I got an aolin from ebay for 99 bucks and it has a built in pager which is what every alarm really needs, yeah the lights and siren are good but how many times have you sat at home hearing a car alarm go off and not even looked out the window...thats how people are gonna do your bike alarm going off and they arent even gonna look out the widow, but if you get a pager feature it will tell you your getting jacked and let you decide what your gonna do. Only thing that woudl justify pay 300 bucks is if the damn thing had a built in tracker and called the cops. but hell with a 1200 meter range and engine disable feature ( if i can find my ignition wires) im happy with what i got

The way i look at it if the damn thing functions like you want it you dont have to go with one of those high dollar alarms...  300 bucks is way to much for me to pay for an alarm but thats just me a cheap as.  I got an aolin from ebay for 99 bucks and it has a built in pager which is what every alarm really needs, yeah the lights and siren are good but how many times have you sat at home hearing a car alarm go off and not even looked out the window...thats how people are gonna do your bike alarm going off and they arent even gonna look out the widow, but if you get a pager feature it will tell you your getting jacked and let you decide what your gonna do. Only thing that woudl justify pay 300 bucks is if the damn thing had a built in tracker and called the cops.  but hell with a 1200 meter range and engine disable feature ( if i can find my ignition wires) im happy with what i got
Does you system have the siren???Does the pager tell you what is happening to the bike???

I love the Scorpio. Really nice unit for the price with all the features and a very easy install. Highly recommend it.
smile.gif

Pager is number one. I've got a Komodo on the busa. I'll replace the Gorilla in the other bike with the new Gorilla with pager. I really like the cheapo Gorilla - its been really reliable. I'm still out on the Komodo.

Scorpio is numero uno.

actually it does. it has a pic of a motorcycle in teh background and if someone shakes it it has a hammer that appears on the pager nand if it starts it has exhaust smoke by the muffler. There is an option if you see someone ridin off you can push the button to cut the bike off. SIrens loud as hell to and the signal lights flash when its going off. Havent test longevity yet but im working on it
wink.gif

actually it does.  it has a pic of a motorcycle in teh background and if someone shakes it it has a hammer that appears on the pager nand if it starts it has exhaust smoke by the muffler.  There is an option if you see someone ridin off you can push the button to cut the bike off.  SIrens loud as hell to and the signal lights flash when its going off.  Havent test longevity yet but im working on it
wink.gif
What do you mean by longevity???

i mean how long it last and durability...i disarmed the alarm before i went riding and i guess i rode to damn hard cause i cant arm it i think somehting must have come loose but i havent had a chance to look at it, so hold off on purchasing one so i can see what teh fug is up...wont get to it til next week cause its supposed to rain the rest of the week

STUNNAH --I've seen pics of your bike, you've got more than $400 invested in mods --way more lolololololol. Spend the $400 and get the alarm and pager. It even has a perimeter alarm that will go off if anyone gets to close. The LCD remote/page will show you whats up when it goes off as well as allows you to auto cutoff the bike in case of a hi-jack or roll off.

Trust me playa --first think I thought when mine was stolen was $8k in mods and no alarm... I'm still kicking myself on that one.

I left the dealer with one on the new bike.

him, I have that same alarm that I got from ebay aswell. I just don't know how to install the damn thing. And also good because it has TWO picture pagers that come with it so my girl has a pager aswell :-) now, if only I knew how to hook it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It even has a perimeter alarm that will go off if anyone gets to close.
Sounds like a lot of false alarms to me...hate to be getting up in the middle of teh night because a dog walked through the yard. Just because you got mods dont mean you have to have a 400 dollar alarm...i dont see what advantages it has over cheaper alarms but that just me. The alarm i got of ebay was easy to install i just cant get the iginition switch to work...let me know if you need wiring info, i can help you on everything but the ignition kill

STUNNAH --I've seen pics of your bike, you've got more than $400 invested in mods --way more lolololololol. Spend the $400 and get the alarm and pager. It even has a perimeter alarm that will go off if anyone gets to close. The LCD remote/page will show you whats up when it goes off as well as allows you to auto cutoff the bike in case of a hi-jack or roll off.

Trust me playa --first think I thought when mine was stolen was $8k in mods and no alarm... I'm still kicking myself on that one.

I left the dealer with one on the new bike.
I rolled up on my partners bike with the Scorpio installed and the vibrations caused by the dump pipe set his off...It started chirping and all...It was cool and then I saw him walking out...

Back