Scorpio 500 alarm ???

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
It's now been 1 year since installing the Scorpio alarm, and in that years time I've replaced the dead battery in the remote 4 times. Is this right, how about some info from some other Scorpio users. Seems wrong to me, but thought I might ask before calling and complaining.

Thanks in advance,

I've probably changed mine a half a dozen times. That would be my only complaint about the alarm.

It does chew on the battery. The reason is, in order for the remote to stay updated on the status of the alarm's main unit, it sends out a signal every 30 seconds to check and see if it's there.

If you park in a garage or other secure area, or if you're parking too far away for the remote to "see" the main unit, arm the alarm, then press button 4. That will put it into hibernation mode and it won't do its little roll call. Your batteries should last a little longer that way.

--Wag--

Thanks guys for the input. Was just thinking I had a problem as it seem excessive to to me, but if this is the norm I'll just buy a 4 pack of the bunny the next time I'm at Wally World and ride on.

Thanks

concurr. if you lock your bike up, shut OFF the remote. I forget how

It doesn't eat batteries any faster than my pager.

It's similar because it "talks" and "listens" to the alarm on the bike. It's a two-way radio that's on all the time unless you put it to sleep.

If it was like a one-way garage door opener I'd expect the battery to last a lot longer.

Thanks guys for the input.  Was just thinking I had a problem as it seem excessive to to me, but if this is the norm I'll just buy a 4 pack of the bunny the next time I'm at Wally World and ride on.

Thanks
I get the 20-pack from Costco. Have to keep two of these things going!

--Wag--

NiMH batteries. Not much more than alkalines these days and you get to use them for years. In high drain devices they'll blow away Duracells. I've always got a variety in the charger waiting to be swapped out as needed for TV remotes, digital camera, pager, gps ect.

Back