Let us know what have you done for weight reduction on Gen 3

Robert 0046

Registered
Ive replaced the swingarm, the batery, the wheels, the tires, the chain, the rear sprocket, the side stand, rear sprocket nuts, Titanium exhaust, deleted the passenger pegs and many other.

Screenshot_20220918_090256.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking about this a while back, we need a weight thread for people to post in “my bike weights xxx.”

But it’ll probably turn into a dyno or oil thread with nothing but variables and arguments… :rofl:
That is a great idea, how do you weight your Gen3? Ive been wanting to but i dont have how

Would love to know how much this guys Gen 3 weighs. This is what he removed.

View attachment 1655609
You know what's missing from that pile, the exhaust!!! I get roll and drag racers deleting their rear and one of the front brakes but that is a NOGO for my type of riding, it would be neat to see two categories for weight, all out straight racing and a more street/road racing category. I need both of my front brake calipers and I use my rear brake a lot to. I would love to see the ABS pump go away though.

ABS flame suit installed....

You know what's missing from that pile, the exhaust!!! I get roll and drag racers deleting their rear and one of the front brakes but that is a NOGO for my type of riding, it would be neat to see two categories for weight, all out straight racing and a more street/road racing category. I need both of my front brake calipers and I use my rear brake a lot to. I would love to see the ABS pump go away though.

I’m the same about the brakes! I had CM$ send me the rest of the brake hardware and parts for the bike I won from him. I know he says it’s streetable but he has to speaking legally… nobody I ride with would opt for throwing out an anchor on a mile long rope (which is what one brake up front feels like) rather than at least just the two brakes up front. The first time someone pulls out in front of you you’ll be squeezing more cheeks than brakes…

I

I think the same way the only mod im in is changing all 3 oems brake discs for wave discs Galfer released the front ones once they have the rear ill buy them all

That is a great idea, how do you weight your Gen3? Ive been wanting to but i dont have how

A local concrete business has drive on scales with a large digital display, and it is next to the regular entrance/exit.
Several I have seen elsewhere have the same, and that's free.
Or, go to a truck stop with a Cat-Scale, ride on, pull up to the speaker, and they'll give you the weight when you pay.
You can obviously step off the scale too, so it's just the bike's weight.

I’m the same about the brakes! I had CM$ send me the rest of the brake hardware and parts for the bike I won from him. I know he says it’s streetable but he has to speaking legally… nobody I ride with would opt for throwing out an anchor on a mile long rope (which is what one brake up front feels like) rather than at least just the two brakes up front. The first time someone pulls out in front of you you’ll be squeezing more cheeks than brakes…
The front brakes arent that great with two rotors working. I got some better pads on the way and will DM you about them once I get them on ....

I

I think the same way the only mod im in is changing all 3 oems brake discs for wave discs Galfer released the front ones once they have the rear ill buy them all
Galfer makes good products, I run their oversized rotor on my motocross bike and my last set of pads were Galfer sintered on my ZX10. They kick ass.

Back